So You Think You Can Dance?

remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
edited August 2010 in Off-Topic
Anyone else watch and love this show?

What have been your favorite performances? What do you like?

This season is the first i've been into, but the finale was absolutely incredible. Especially liked the coreography of the dance with Rob and Lauren, as well as the precision of the dancing in Lauren's last one.

Who else is brave enough to admit to loving this show? :)

Here's the one I think is my favorite dance from this season:
<center><object width="450" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R0y7s_SVIrc"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R0y7s_SVIrc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="356"></embed></object></center>

Here's one of the good dances from this season:

<center><object width="450" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nm6MidMyFe8"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nm6MidMyFe8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="356"></embed></object></center>

Here's a couple others... not my favorites, but really good nonetheless:

<center><object width="450" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qp1odkX7RPE"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qp1odkX7RPE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="356"></embed></object></center>
<center><object width="450" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vZB-cUTCy70"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vZB-cUTCy70" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="356"></embed></object></center>

Comments

• lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    I haven't heard of it. What's it about? Finding people willing to publically embarass themselves I take it?
  • TesseractTesseract Join Date: 2007-06-21 Member: 61328Members, Constellation
    It's a show where people with the leg control of an epileptic octopus try and be the least awful of their peers while a bunch of old people and tarted up psuedo-celebs judge them the with authority of someone who's not danced in at least 5 years.
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    edited August 2010
    It's a show where a bunch of people audition to dance, and over the course of the season the bads are eliminated.

It's basically American Idol for dancers.

The top 3, at least in this season, were insanely good. I have more leg control than an epileptic octopus, but I still could never pull off what these people are doing.

--

One of the funniest things was that my boss follows this show. Found out in the very last week of my internship. :)

edit: Moving these to the first post.
    Octopuses don't even HAVE legs. Unlike Lassie.
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    edited August 2010
    Haha, oh no... If Lassie starts invading this thread, it will never recover!

So really? No one in here watches this show? Or has comments on the dances I posted?
  • PaniggPanigg Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58212Members
    Not really interested in it tbh.
  • X_StickmanX_Stickman Not good enough for a custom title. Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15533Members, Constellation
    I hate these god damn shows.
    I hate some of these shows. I really hate Last Comic Standing... American Idol and that talent show are meh. In this show I skip every other episode (I skip the episode where someone gets voted off, only watching the performance episodes). The dancing and the choreography I think is great but I don't really care who wins in the end.

I'm surprised there's not even one other person in here who likes this show.
    I'm not.

<i>You're making this too easy.</i>
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1794310:date=Aug 14 2010, 10:20 PM:name=Psyke)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Psyke @ Aug 14 2010, 10:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1794310"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm surprised there's not even one other person in here who likes this show.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Everyone here is either fat and resentful of people who can dance or nerdy enough not to care about mainstream junk like this. Or both!

Like Stickman.
    edited August 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1794313:date=Aug 14 2010, 07:30 PM:name=lolfighter)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lolfighter @ Aug 14 2010, 07:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1794313"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm not.

<i>You're making this too easy.</i><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Haha, sorry?

<!--quoteo(post=1794315:date=Aug 14 2010, 07:31 PM:name=TychoCelchuuu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TychoCelchuuu @ Aug 14 2010, 07:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1794315"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Everyone here is either fat and resentful of people who can dance or nerdy enough not to care about mainstream junk like this. Or both!

Like Stickman.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I guess so!

This was actually just a cleverly disguised demographics survey.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Television?

I didn't know they still did that ######...
  • X_StickmanX_Stickman Not good enough for a custom title. Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15533Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1794315:date=Aug 15 2010, 04:31 AM:name=TychoCelchuuu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TychoCelchuuu @ Aug 15 2010, 04:31 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1794315"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Everyone here is either fat and resentful of people who can dance or nerdy enough not to care about mainstream junk like this. Or both!

Like Stickman.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Just because I can actually talk intelligently about star wars without having wookiepedia or the star wars databank open at the same time is no reason to start calling me fat.

As my avatar asserts, I am no such thing.
  • DarrelweberDarrelweber Join Date: 2010-08-18 Member: 73686Members
    It is one of my favorite shows.
    I watch every season and every episode of it.
  • SvenpaSvenpa Wait, what? Join Date: 2004-01-03 Member: 25012Members, Constellation
    I do, in fact, watch it, occasionally. The dancing feats they pull off are quite exceptional and I like how it isn't tied to one type of dance or just "show off to the max" abstract stuff. I can't say I'm very much into it tho, just happens I watch it with my family a few times a week.
  • frostymoosefrostymoose Join Date: 2003-09-12 Member: 20799Members
    edited August 2010
    I can only think of one reason to watch this show and it isn't the dancing.
  • SvenpaSvenpa Wait, what? Join Date: 2004-01-03 Member: 25012Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1795049:date=Aug 19 2010, 12:52 AM:name=frostymoose)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (frostymoose @ Aug 19 2010, 12:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1795049"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I can only think of one reason to watch this show and it isn't the dancing.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Seems like a lot of trouble getting mediocre material if you see it like that.
    <!--quoteo(post=1795038:date=Aug 18 2010, 02:16 PM:name=Svenpa)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Svenpa @ Aug 18 2010, 02:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1795038"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I do, in fact, watch it, occasionally. The dancing feats they pull off are quite exceptional and I like how it isn't tied to one type of dance or just "show off to the max" abstract stuff. I can't say I'm very much into it tho, just happens I watch it with my family a few times a week.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I agree. Some really insane dance moves in there, and the fact that they only practice for a week before these performances (which are often in styles they've never even danced before) is also pretty incredible. I'm not into it for the competition side of it, but I do am definitely into it for the dancing side.
  • frostymoosefrostymoose Join Date: 2003-09-12 Member: 20799Members
    edited August 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1795067:date=Aug 18 2010, 07:52 PM:name=Svenpa)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Svenpa @ Aug 18 2010, 07:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1795067"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Seems like a lot of trouble getting mediocre material if you see it like that.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I assume you have assumed i meant fapping.

Interesting

*fap fap*
  • GeminosityGeminosity :3 Join Date: 2003-09-08 Member: 20667Members
    edited August 2010
    Sorry Psyke, but I can't even remember the last time I watched normal TV, so I didn't even know this series existed :3
    Most of the TV series I've seen is purely down to one of my flatmates downloading stuff that wasn'tt out over here yet (like burn notice or chuck) or our stints of watching comedy shows on iplayer when some friends are round.

I can appreciate good dancing but contemporary stuff isn't my thing. I watched the clip about a dance made dedicated to the choreographer's sick mother and felt like he was just trying to pull the sympathy vote. Maybe I'm just too cynical but if it were me I'd have preferred a nice card or some pretty flowers or something XD
  • NikosdellasNikosdellas Join Date: 2010-08-25 Member: 73777Members
    I like dancing but not professional dancer.
    dancing is my hobby and i think this is good for health because it is a good exercise.
  • babarascottbabarascott Join Date: 2010-08-29 Member: 73827Members
    i think i can't dance. i am very poor in dancing. people make me fool about dancing.
    what way i improve it.