Minimap + .hmp & .tga files

ZunderZunder Join Date: 2009-12-13 Member: 69631Members
<div class="IPBDescription">How to create these needed files ?</div>Hello everyone,

I searched for some answers around the forum but i can't find any, so i decided to create this topic.

At the point where actually my map is, i need to create these 2 files (.hmp and .tga) because the drifters and macs jump on top of some walls even if they walk around corners perfectly.

If I (as the commander) point clic the top of a wall , drifters or macs try to reach this point that normaly they can't; and in the console i can see errors like :

Couldn't open height map maps/overviews/name_of_map.hmp

and i can't create the top down view for the com : a .tga file that must be in the same directory than .hmp file (maps/overviews/)

So :

Is there a tool for creating these files that i can't find on my pc ?

or

is there actually no tools release yet for the alpha testers ?

Thanks for yours replies and my apologies for mistakes and wrong sentences because i'm not writing this topic in my native language =)

PS : commander's camera height values don't do anything at all
nor the entity minimap_extents

anyway ... they do probably something but they don't work without some heigh map referance.

Comments

• MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    There is a tool which it would seem we have not yet released. I'll include that in the next patch.
  • LazerLazer Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14406Members, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    Nice I had the same question too this is good news. :)
  • UncleRayUncleRay Join Date: 2010-03-08 Member: 70881Members
    Thank GOD! I thought I was going crazy! Max, you're an amazing person! :D
  • ZunderZunder Join Date: 2009-12-13 Member: 69631Members
    Many thanks for this quick reply and for this really good news.

Thanks to all of you.
  • Tom HoenTom Hoen Join Date: 2009-07-02 Member: 68004Members
    Damn you Max, not including some tools to make something important. *waves fist*

/kidding
  • TigTig Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71674Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    <!--quoteo(post=1793828:date=Aug 12 2010, 10:29 PM:name=Lazer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lazer @ Aug 12 2010, 10:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1793828"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Nice I had the same question too this is good news. :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

you spelled Massachusetts wrong...
  • LazerLazer Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14406Members, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1793918:date=Aug 13 2010, 11:19 AM:name=Tig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tig @ Aug 13 2010, 11:19 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1793918"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->you spelled Massachusetts wrong...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    lol thanks I must have made that mistake when I joined these forums 7 years ago in my mid teens >_<