Cloaking

PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
<div class="IPBDescription">If cloaking is introduced into NS2; I have an idea for it.</div>I was thinking that maybe the creature that is cloaking only turns invisble on DI floor.

Or maybe that they don't turn invisble at all but instead, when they stop or walk the DI covers them.
But that wouldn't work that well because if an Onos uses cloaking then the marines would easily notice a huge object covered in DI.

It is just an idea.

What are your thoughts on it?

Comments

• CPCheebsCPCheebs Join Date: 2010-07-15 Member: 72416Members
  • FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
    I think I got a better idea.

How about aliens with cloaking turns invisible when they dont move, but are visible otherwise? Looking around would not reveal the alien though.

Maybe actually make onos not able to cloak, as there kind of is nothing more annoying than when you spawn, walk out of base and hit something, then suddenly you are in a belly.
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    Perhaps a better way is like how Dystopia and NeoTokyo handle it.

You are effectively perfectly invisible while still (or very slight distortions). However, as you move there is a ripple. If you're in front of broken-up backgrounds, it's harder to see the ripples.
  • RobBRobB TUBES OF THE INTERWEB Join Date: 2003-08-11 Member: 19423Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I believe they are aiming for that "GITS" cloaking.
  • DixieWolfDixieWolf Join Date: 2010-02-10 Member: 70508Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1791104:date=Aug 3 2010, 02:36 PM:name=spellman23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spellman23 @ Aug 3 2010, 02:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1791104"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Perhaps a better way is like how Dystopia and NeoTokyo handle it.

You are effectively perfectly invisible while still (or very slight distortions). However, as you move there is a ripple. If you're in front of broken-up backgrounds, it's harder to see the ripples.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

IMO this is probably the best option. I really liked neotokyo's approach. If you were paying attention, you could see cloaked people moving, but it was pretty hard if they were in front of certain backgrounds
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1791197:date=Aug 3 2010, 01:04 PM:name=RobB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RobB @ Aug 3 2010, 01:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1791197"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I believe they are aiming for that "GITS" cloaking.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ah GitS....

And thus NeoTokyo since that's pretty much what they did. i.e. make GitS the game.