Black armor key

OscarTheCouchOscarTheCouch Join Date: 2005-01-10 Member: 34647Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
I have purchased the preorder special edition NS2 and recieved the game key but no black armor key. Is the black armor key a separate email i have to wait for. i had them resend my game key but it doesnt come with the armor key. I need this key for the alpha testing. anyone have any ideas?

Oscar

Comments

• Chris0132Chris0132 Join Date: 2009-07-25 Member: 68262Members
    edited July 2010
    Er, if you just purchased it that shouldn't have been possible, because the SE was discontinued when alpha testing began five days ago.

If otherwise, you should have recieved an email with the black armor key which enables alpha access as well, if you didn't then you can use the retrieval function: <a href="http://unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve" target="_blank">http://unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve</a>

If you don't get a black armor key from that I can only guess that you don't own the SE, and instead bought the standard edition.
  • OscarTheCouchOscarTheCouch Join Date: 2005-01-10 Member: 34647Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thanks for pre-ordering the Special Edition of NS2!

Listed below is your game key(s), which you will need to play.

(no black armor key)

This is not the standard edition
    and the retreval function only gets me the game key not the black armor key
  • TmHTmH Join Date: 2004-10-05 Member: 32096Members, Constellation
    It seems anyone who ordered the Special Edition close to the closing date has not automatically received the black armor key. You'll have to e-mail them about this issue at store@unknownworlds.com and they should send you your key. It might take a while, so be patient if you don't get a reply instantly.
  • SKYYSKYY Join Date: 2002-11-27 Member: 10070Members
    I have my key, but Steam won't let me use it!!! I'm getting sick of trying to deal with UW's lack of tech support for something as simple as key management.
  • TmHTmH Join Date: 2004-10-05 Member: 32096Members, Constellation
    I understand it's frustrating, but please keep in mind that they're working with a very small team. If you e-mail them about your issue you should get a reply pretty fast. I had the same issue, not getting my black armor key and I got it send to me some six hours after e-mailing.

Also remember this is just the Alpha, you can't really "play" the game yet, so it's not like you're going to miss out on something really big if you have to wait another day.
  • SKYYSKYY Join Date: 2002-11-27 Member: 10070Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1790025:date=Jul 31 2010, 08:00 AM:name=TmH)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TmH @ Jul 31 2010, 08:00 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1790025"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I understand it's frustrating, but please keep in mind that they're working with a very small team. If you e-mail them about your issue you should get a reply pretty fast. I had the same issue, not getting my black armor key and I got it send to me some six hours after e-mailing.

Also remember this is just the Alpha, you can't really "play" the game yet, so it's not like you're going to miss out on something really big if you have to wait another day.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Bull######. I think the $40 I paid back in May of 2009 would satisfy my being a part of the NS2 Alpha. I don't care how crappy it is--I love playing NS, and I paid $40 to be a part of the NS2 alpha. Now, I can't play because of some stupid moronic error, and now I'm angry. I'm giving these ###### 24 hours before I start pimping mastercard/BBB to ###### Unknown Worlds over.

It's not going to be frustrating once my problem is THEIR problem. So either deal with MY frustration, or increase YOUR frustration. It's that simple. Excuse my french.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    Looking forward to playing with you in the alpha o.O
  • FenFen Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72843Members
    edited July 2010
    So mature...

Anyway,had the same problem the 26th,went to the retrieve key page and the mail i received had both the standard key and the black armor key

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Find your NS2 game key(s) listed below:

NS2 pre-order Special Edition: BLABLABLA registered to *__*
    NS2 Black Armor: BLEHBLEHBLEH registered to -___-

For more help, please visit our FAQ (http://www.naturalselection2.com/faq) or write to us at community@unknownworlds.com.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I guess you should try it again if you already did it(unless they changed how it works in the last days it's strange it didnt give you the second key)

P.s:the normal mail with the BA key arrived the day after :D
  • CrowCrow Melbourne Join Date: 2003-01-16 Member: 12376Members
    I am sorry to hear that you haven't been able to get your alpha key working. That said, I hope threats and rudeness are dealt with appropriately.
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    You should have also received a Black Armor DLC key in your email on the 26th. You need to enter this into Steam as well. You can have the key resent to you here: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve</a>. If for some reason you don't receive it, please let me know (max@unknownworlds.com).
  • HashashinHashashin Join Date: 2010-04-15 Member: 71416Members
    Did you try right clicking on NS2 in steam, going to DLC and checking if black armor is actually listed there.