Constant Latency/Packet Loss?

DarkhandDarkhand Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3012Members
edited July 2010 in NS2 General Discussion
Hi,

I'm a noob

nooby nooby nooby nooby noob.

See my original post below. I'll leave it intact for other noobs like me.

Is anyone else having the same problem? Or am I just unlucky? I joined three separate servers and on all of them it seems like I was only getting updated every 3 seconds. This is not framerate lag just internet lag.

I did a net_stats just out of curiosity and my ping will be around 100-200 ms and then it will jump to around 900-1000 ms.

Comments

• shivshiv Join Date: 2010-04-11 Member: 71341Members, Constellation
    Straight from the patch notes....

"Our priority in this patch was addressing the issues that are preventing people from connecting to servers. The next order of business is addressing any issues running or maintaining dedicated servers along with issues that make the game feel "laggy" or otherwise unplayable."
  • DarkhandDarkhand Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3012Members
    edited July 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1789085:date=Jul 30 2010, 01:54 AM:name=shiv)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shiv @ Jul 30 2010, 01:54 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1789085"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Straight from the patch notes....

"Our priority in this patch was addressing the issues that are preventing people from connecting to servers. The next order of business is addressing any issues running or maintaining dedicated servers along with issues that make the game feel "laggy" or otherwise unplayable."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ah my bad,

I'll put on my noob cap now :)

I stopped reading after the bullet points! I'm trained for

Still Working on:
    - Blah Blah Blah
    - Yadda Yadda Yadda
    - Hats for Skulks
    - Giving Darkhand a set of TLDR Armour