"Attempting Connection"

edwardchin1981edwardchin1981 Join Date: 2010-07-29 Member: 73325Members
edited July 2010 in NS2 General Discussion
Attempting Connection

I logged in the game, but the screen is showing "Attempting Connection", I have been waiting for 30 mins, what's happening???

Anybody could help me??

Thank you.

Comments

• NeXuZNeXuZ Join Date: 2003-08-12 Member: 19594Members
    and so its for everone els. well most of us. just wait for the update.

I have waited 10mins then i got pass the connection, but got stuch with authenting (something) loading.

Hope its better with the update.
  • Bl4ckH4wkBl4ckH4wk Join Date: 2009-07-21 Member: 68216Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    So its you who slows down the server all the time waiting when its full?
  • edwardchin1981edwardchin1981 Join Date: 2010-07-29 Member: 73325Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1788564:date=Jul 29 2010, 11:15 PM:name=NeXuZ)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NeXuZ @ Jul 29 2010, 11:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1788564"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->and so its for everone els. well most of us. just wait for the update.

I have waited 10mins then i got pass the connection, but got stuch with authenting (something) loading.

Hope its better with the update.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

>_< I have waited NS2 for 3 years, I don't want to wait any longer.

LET ME IN........
    <!--quoteo(post=1788568:date=Jul 29 2010, 11:25 PM:name=Bl4ckH4wk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bl4ckH4wk @ Jul 29 2010, 11:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1788568"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So its you who slows down the server all the time waiting when its full?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I hv no idea...
  • pHkpHk Join Date: 2003-05-24 Member: 16664Members
    At least try to look at the stickied threads before you make a new one next time.
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    Stop trying to connect to servers that are full.

Brys Dedi UK is currently empty. Try to connect to that. Password is "bryns". That should allow you to connect.
  • TesseractTesseract Join Date: 2007-06-21 Member: 61328Members, Constellation
    This issue will be fixed in the update, I don't really understand how you could have come to this forum to post this thread without seeing my "ALPHA BUG REPORTERS LOOK HERE" thread at the top. It would have helped you realise this problem is exceptionally common.

To reiterate: this will be fixed in today's patch.
    <!--quoteo(post=1788576:date=Jul 29 2010, 11:36 PM:name=Tesseract)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tesseract @ Jul 29 2010, 11:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1788576"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This issue will be fixed in the update, I don't really understand how you could have come to this forum to post this thread without seeing my "ALPHA BUG REPORTERS LOOK HERE" thread at the top. It would have helped you realise this problem is exceptionally common.

To reiterate: this will be fixed in today's patch.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks for your great idea.

But Why not? It is a gereral discussion board.

And I just registered my acount for 30 mins, I wish I did can see more than 10,000 of the posts within this short period.

Thank you.
  • ExroathExroath Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72441Members
    the reason people ask you to read the sticky is that yes this is a discussion board .. not a bug report/ im too stupid to read a ###### sticky board ... that and I think people are getting pissed off that threads talking about the game are being drowned out to the same thread repeated over and over again by people who clearly cant read!
  • ObibunObibun Join Date: 2002-04-23 Member: 492Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1788601:date=Jul 29 2010, 04:46 PM:name=Exroath)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Exroath @ Jul 29 2010, 04:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1788601"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->the reason people ask you to read the sticky is that yes this is a discussion board .. not a bug report/ im too stupid to read a ###### sticky board ... that and I think people are getting pissed off that threads talking about the game are being drowned out to the same thread repeated over and over again by people who clearly cant read!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Now now, angsty nerds of the internet. This includes the rest of you high-minded dev worshipping morons.

This board is filled with threads like this because <b>this is a very legitimate problem and grievance right now</b> and not everybody has as much time as you do to carefully gloss over every thread to see if their question has been answered.

I'm sorry it offends you forum denizens that people are flooding your "legit" topics about gameplay with these questions but the fact remains that the majority of people cannot experience the "gameplay" you're so nerdily trying to defend.

The devs promised people in the special edition with a chance to <i>play</i> the alpha. In my opinion this was a pretty huge oversight. Yeah, bugs are commonplace, it's not finished, but to not even be able to play it?

Stop being so high and mighty all the time guys. You look like raving nerds.
    <!--quoteo(post=1788604:date=Jul 29 2010, 05:53 PM:name=Obibun)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Obibun @ Jul 29 2010, 05:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1788604"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Now now, angsty nerds of the internet. This includes the rest of you high-minded dev worshipping morons.

This board is filled with threads like this because <b>this is a very legitimate problem and grievance right now</b> and not everybody has as much time as you do to carefully gloss over every thread to see if their question has been answered.

I'm sorry it offends you forum denizens that people are flooding your "legit" topics about gameplay with these questions but the fact remains that the majority of people cannot experience the "gameplay" you're so nerdily trying to defend.

The devs promised people in the special edition with a chance to <i>play</i> the alpha. In my opinion this was a pretty huge oversight. Yeah, bugs are commonplace, it's not finished, but to not even be able to play it?

Stop being so high and mighty all the time guys. You look like raving nerds.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

At which point am i worshipping devs? where the ###### did that come from? .. Have you any actual idea what an alpha usually looks like? theres a reason a public alpha is rare.

Bugs commonplace? wtf were you expecting? a flawless finished game ?

And this whole high and mighty thing you added at the end, what are you? the cool kid on the street who gets to call people nerds? Grow the ###### up!
  • SturmwindSturmwind Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72589Members
    edited July 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1788604:date=Jul 29 2010, 06:53 PM:name=Obibun)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Obibun @ Jul 29 2010, 06:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1788604"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The devs promised people in the special edition with a chance to <i>play</i> the alpha. In my opinion this was a pretty huge oversight. Yeah, bugs are commonplace, it's not finished, but to not even be able to play it?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Repeat after me " <!--coloro:#ffff00--><span style="color:#ffff00"><!--/coloro-->There is no such thing as a playable Alpha<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->"

Thank you
    <!--quoteo(post=1788612:date=Jul 30 2010, 01:01 AM:name=Exroath)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Exroath @ Jul 30 2010, 01:01 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1788612"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->At which point am i worshipping devs? where the ###### did that come from? .. Have you any actual idea what an alpha usually looks like? theres a reason a public alpha is rare.

Bugs commonplace? wtf were you expecting? a flawless finished game ?

And this whole high and mighty thing you added at the end, what are you? the cool kid on the street who gets to call people nerds? Grow the ###### up!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No excuse is a good excuse.

The problem is that I paid the money, but they haven't given the service as promised. Don' think it be complicated
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    You paid to get the alpha. You did get the alpha.
    edited July 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1788625:date=Jul 29 2010, 06:23 PM:name=edwardchin1981)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edwardchin1981 @ Jul 29 2010, 06:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1788625"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->No excuse is a good excuse.

The problem is that I paid the money, but they haven't given the service as promised. Don' think it be complicated<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You paid for the finished game .. the alpha was a bonus .. maybe you should read things a little more before buying them.
    At no point is the alpha a service, you still haven't answered on what you expected the alpha to be.

Edit: removed rant to wrong person lol
  • PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1788618:date=Jul 29 2010, 06:14 PM:name=Sturmwind)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sturmwind @ Jul 29 2010, 06:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1788618"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Repeat after me " <!--coloro:#ffff00--><span style="color:#ffff00"><!--/coloro-->There is no such thing as a playable Alpha<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->"

Thank you<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--coloro:#ffff00--><span style="color:#ffff00"><!--/coloro-->There is no such thing as a playable Alpha<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    edited July 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1788640:date=Jul 30 2010, 01:42 AM:name=Exroath)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Exroath @ Jul 30 2010, 01:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1788640"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You paid for the finished game .. the alpha was a bonus .. maybe you should read things a little more before buying them.
    At no point is the alpha a service, you still haven't answered on what you expected the alpha to be.

Edit: removed rant to wrong person lol<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What I expected? I thnk you really used a wrong word.

I think you should say who gave me tp expect to access the game, however i haven't even gotten into the game????

XXXX off....凸

Hi Wing Ho,

Thank you for your pre-order of the Special Edition of Natural Selection 2!
    The support of players like yourself has made a huge difference for our
    company and has allowed us to develop Natural Selection 2 completely
    independently.

Today we're releasing the Alpha of Natural Selection 2. Access to the alpha
    is limited to those people who pre-ordered the Special Edition. In order to
    play, you will need to activate your ownership of the Special Edition on
    Steam. You can do this with the following key:

This key has been generated for you and only need to enter it once to activate
    the Special Edition on your Steam account. To activate the game, select
    "Games/Activate a Product on Steam..." from the main menu in Steam and
    enter in the key.
    Ok my suggestion is to give it 2 weeks, then try again .. no doubt alot will have been fixed.
    You really cant have expected the alpha to work on release. FFS most pc games dont work on release day .. look at starcraft 2 ffs .. 12 years .. 12 years and they have a huge bug list on launch day.
    Just give the devs sometime ..your not missing anything atm .. games rarely last 5 mins before the server crashes or your machine crashes. just give it time and report what you can to the proper channels (check the sticky).
    maybe you should read things a little more before buying them.

Full version when done (via Steam)
    First access to alphaon July 26th ( Can I??)
    Special all black marine armorwhenever you play online (I haven't seen it yet)
    Our eternal gratitude
    Unavailable after July 26th
    Full version when done (via Steam) your getting this
    First access to alphaon July 26th : you have access .. theres nothing to say it has to be in a playable state (access being the client and key)
    Special all black marine armorwhenever you play online : its the alpha why would you need to see it ?
    Our eternal gratitude : your getting this
    Unavailable after July 26th
    <!--quoteo(post=1788654:date=Jul 30 2010, 02:11 AM:name=Exroath)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Exroath @ Jul 30 2010, 02:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1788654"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ok my suggestion is to give it 2 weeks, then try again .. no doubt alot will have been fixed.
    You really cant have expected the alpha to work on release. FFS most pc games dont work on release day .. look at starcraft 2 ffs .. 12 years .. 12 years and they have a huge bug list on launch day.
    Just give the devs sometime ..your not missing anything atm .. games rarely last 5 mins before the server crashes or your machine crashes. just give it time and report what you can to the proper channels (check the sticky).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I hope so....thank you.
    <!--quoteo(post=1788657:date=Jul 30 2010, 02:22 AM:name=Exroath)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Exroath @ Jul 30 2010, 02:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1788657"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Full version when done (via Steam) your getting this
    First access to alphaon July 26th : you have access .. theres nothing to say it has to be in a playable state (access being the client and key)
    Special all black marine armorwhenever you play online : its the alpha why would you need to see it ?
    Our eternal gratitude : your getting this
    Unavailable after July 26th<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I am sure you are one of them. how much benefit they offer you? I pay you double.
    What I really like is when nerds who have been here for a few months, maybe a year, try to tell me what an alpha means. I signed up on this forums 6 months before the release of the original Natural Selection. Don't try to talk to me about alphas, thanks.

You can't keep saying the word "alpha" and expect it to make everything right. You can't hide behind it. It's <b>just a word</b>. The bottom line is that a major, if not one of the only selling points of the special edition was access to the alpha. In this respect, it is no longer an alpha. It is a product that was released in exchange for money.

No one here expected the game to be perfect. Nobody even expected it to be decent. But they did expect to be able to <b>play it</b>.

You nerd worshipers can say "alpha" as many times as you like and keep trying to curry favour with whichever dev member you have a crush on, but the bottom line is that this was a tremendous oversight, or ###### up, pardon my french, on behalf of the devs. When something as categorically ridiculous as 90% of people not being able to play the game occurs, you have to expect that the forums will be flooded with threads.

And only people with their e-nose up in the air look down on people for wanting to ask questions about something like this.

Get a grip on reality, nerds.
  • nirvanaXOnirvanaXO Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70747Members
    I first tried entering a server and I was going through the map's walls with <i>noclip</i> going on and off. I became frustrated and attempted changing servers, but after this one try my hopes were up. I just hope the guys at <b>u.w</b> take their time instead of rushing their works.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    edited July 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1788681:date=Jul 29 2010, 02:16 PM:name=Obibun)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Obibun @ Jul 29 2010, 02:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1788681"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What I really like is when nerds who have been here for a few months, maybe a year, try to tell me what an alpha means. I signed up on this forums 6 months before the release of the original Natural Selection. Don't try to talk to me about alphas, thanks.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Nobody cares when you signed up (although if signup dates matter I suppose I've got you beat). If you cannot understand what an alpha is, people are going to get frustrated, and with good reason.

<!--quoteo(post=1788681:date=Jul 29 2010, 02:16 PM:name=Obibun)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Obibun @ Jul 29 2010, 02:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1788681"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You can't keep saying the word "alpha" and expect it to make everything right. You can't hide behind it. It's <b>just a word</b>. The bottom line is that a major, if not one of the only selling points of the special edition was access to the alpha. In this respect, it is no longer an alpha. It is a product that was released in exchange for money.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    So, let me get this straight. People paid for access to the alpha... which means it is no longer an alpha... That means they paid for nothing. UWE <i>ripped us all off</i>!

<!--quoteo(post=1788681:date=Jul 29 2010, 02:16 PM:name=Obibun)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Obibun @ Jul 29 2010, 02:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1788681"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->No one here expected the game to be perfect. Nobody even expected it to be decent. But they did expect to be able to <b>play it</b>.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I agree that people expected to be able to play and frolic in the alpha as if it were, say, a beta. An alpha is designed for very basic testing. Almost none of the gameplay is in, and most of the essential features of the engine are unimplemented, broken, or unoptimized. Whether the alpha is in a "playable" state or not depends on the vagaries of a person's hardware configuration and how the code feels like behaving at any point in time. That is what an alpha is. If people wanted to play it, well, hopefully it works for them. It is not guaranteed to work any more than an unbuilt house is guaranteed to provide shelter for people who have been provided access to it in order to help with the building.

<!--quoteo(post=1788681:date=Jul 29 2010, 02:16 PM:name=Obibun)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Obibun @ Jul 29 2010, 02:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1788681"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You nerd worshipers can say "alpha" as many times as you like and keep trying to curry favour with whichever dev member you have a crush on, but the bottom line is that this was a tremendous oversight, or ###### up, pardon my french, on behalf of the devs. When something as categorically ridiculous as 90% of people not being able to play the game occurs, you have to expect that the forums will be flooded with threads.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I agree that it was an oversight, or more accurately a miscalculation, if the developers expected people to understand that a game in an alpha state is not playable on 90% of hardware, especially at the very beginning of the alpha cycle. I think it was an oversight if they thought that the forum would not be flooded with threads. I think, though, that they knew all of this would happen, and are cool with it. The only people who whine about the alpha are people who purchased the Special Edition, and presumably if they hate it so much that they give up playing, they'll at least come back for release, when everything will work fine and nobody will have any reason to rage. There might be a bit of bad press from people talking up all the bugs in a version of the game that is supposed to be horrifically buggy, but I imagine UWE doesn't mind because this is offset by the money they made by selling alpha access. This money is being used to make the game better, and I guess that's a tradeoff they were willing to make. It's certainly not one that I'm qualified to criticize. I imagine everything will work out for the best: people like you will either give up on NS altogether, wander away until the game is playable, or just make a bunch of whiny posts in the forums all day every day until the alpha slowly morphs into something you're happy with, which is of course the plan because

THIS

<!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->IS <!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->HOW <!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<!--sizeo:6--><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->ALPHAS<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<!--sizeo:7--><span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->WORK<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->No one here expected the game to be perfect. Nobody even expected it to be decent. But they did expect to be able to play it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No. Speak for yourself.
  • DJPenguinDJPenguin Useless Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18538Members
    this is my first alpha (done a lot of betas) and i was expecting much worse. i don't get what all the fuss is about.. i was diving into this thing expecting wireframed textures (ok maybe not that extreme)
  • XainGMXainGM Join Date: 2009-06-15 Member: 67850Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1788711:date=Jul 29 2010, 11:54 AM:name=Penguin333)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Penguin333 @ Jul 29 2010, 11:54 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1788711"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->this is my first alpha (done a lot of betas) and i was expecting much worse. i don't get what all the fuss is about.. i was diving into this thing expecting wireframed textures (ok maybe not that extreme)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Lol, I was expecting entity placeholders to show up in the maps at least! Theses guys did a great job with the release and worked very hard to get it here when it was time. Can't wait to see what they can do over the next few weeks. EXCITED! =D
    <!--quoteo(post=1788681:date=Jul 29 2010, 08:16 PM:name=Obibun)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Obibun @ Jul 29 2010, 08:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1788681"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What I really like is when nerds who have been here for a few months, maybe a year, try to tell me what an alpha means. I signed up on this forums 6 months before the release of the original Natural Selection. Don't try to talk to me about alphas, thanks.

You can't keep saying the word "alpha" and expect it to make everything right. You can't hide behind it. It's <b>just a word</b>. The bottom line is that a major, if not one of the only selling points of the special edition was access to the alpha. In this respect, it is no longer an alpha. It is a product that was released in exchange for money.

No one here expected the game to be perfect. Nobody even expected it to be decent. But they did expect to be able to <b>play it</b>.

You nerd worshipers can say "alpha" as many times as you like and keep trying to curry favour with whichever dev member you have a crush on, but the bottom line is that this was a tremendous oversight, or ###### up, pardon my french, on behalf of the devs. When something as categorically ridiculous as 90% of people not being able to play the game occurs, you have to expect that the forums will be flooded with threads.

And only people with their e-nose up in the air look down on people for wanting to ask questions about something like this.

Get a grip on reality, nerds.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

where the ###### do you get the right to call people nerds?
    your signed up before the first ns .. and your here for the second .. the game isnt exactly huge all over the world ... sorry but your clearly the ###### nerd here !
    you know what ... get a grip yourself .. im betting your nothing in life , and your trolling this forum in between sessions with your dad playing with you..
    so stfu and piss off to 4chan .. your not needed nor wanted here
    Oh look, bunch of angry nerds raging out. What a surprise.