Can login Steam website, but not Steam itself?

KrisandoKrisando Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69876Members
<div class="IPBDescription">:'(</div>I have tried disabling firewall, resetting password. And downloaded and installed steam on a totally different pc and I still can't login. Weirdly enough I can login the official Steam website.

Message I get:
"Login to Steam failed.
Either the specified account does not exist, or the password was wrong.
Please check your account name and password and try again."

This issue only happened since around the time the new Steam came in, also my account did work when the account password was saved. It has happened to a few people, but Value is nowhere to be seen.

Is there anyone suffering from the same issues, if so have you managed to sort it out?

I can buy games on Steam.. but cannot play them (anti-piracy?).

Comments

• ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    Have, you know, contacted valve?
    Like via their support email?
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18951Members
    steam support forums might be a better place than here, too.

my steam login is my college email address from like 8 years ago, I wish I could change it -_-
  • KrisandoKrisando Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69876Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1788146:date=Jul 29 2010, 12:39 PM:name=DiscoZombie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DiscoZombie @ Jul 29 2010, 12:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1788146"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->my steam login is my college email address from like 8 years ago, I wish I could change it -_-<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The new Steam UI forces you to use your Steam Username rather than Email. My bro's pc is using an updated old Dteam, which requires the opposite.

Heck, my username is from 8 years ago.. Madawg >_< how embarrassing is that!

<!--quoteo(post=1788146:date=Jul 29 2010, 12:39 PM:name=DiscoZombie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DiscoZombie @ Jul 29 2010, 12:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1788146"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->steam support forums might be a better place than here, too.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    There a posts both in criticisms (2>) and bugs (1>), Valve does not seem to check the forums at all. Nor tickets (been a week). It's as if as long as the majority is alright, a couple of people with problems does not raise any reason for them to fix this problem.
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    Bugger. That's weird.

Sorry, I have no idea.
  • X_StickmanX_Stickman Not good enough for a custom title. Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15533Members, Constellation
    That's pretty weird. Whenever I've opened a ticket, they've been responded to fairly quick.
  • TesseractTesseract Join Date: 2007-06-21 Member: 61328Members, Constellation
    They responded to my ticket within a day with the solution to my problem. It depends on luck and how polite you were in opening the support ticket.
  • TykjenTykjen Join Date: 2003-01-21 Member: 12552Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2010
    Try run Steam as admin, altho its a far shot I guess.