Dedicated Server requires DirectX 9

chrisinajarchrisinajar Join Date: 2010-02-03 Member: 70415Members
Considering the fact that it's a console application, this really shouldn't be the case. Is there a reason, or is this something that will <i>eventually</i> be fixed? It means I need to install DX on my dedicated server, which is silly.

Also, I know it's an alpha, I don't need a reminder, ya'll don't need to post on every thread stating an issue that it's an alpha. I'm just wondering if this is a real requirement or if it'll be fixed at some point...

Comments

• PepeNZPepeNZ Join Date: 2009-05-26 Member: 67485Members
    edited July 2010
    Im not sure any kind of answer to your query will be made here.
    Yet to see an UW staff member reply to any threads in here.
    Although it is only early morning here and i havent skimmed through everything i missed last night yet.
    Definately a topic for feedback if you haven't sent it in though i think!!

Edit: just as i posted this a forum mod replied
    Not sure if that's classified as a staff member but good to see some kind of official replying :)
  • BryBry Join Date: 2003-01-23 Member: 12609Members
    It will be fixed same as physx and the steam client.
    It is only there cause its an alpha
  • Silver_FoxSilver_Fox Spammer Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 34Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    its alpha.

lulz.

But seriously, it is. Thats why. Of course it will be fixed in the future. Personally, I'm surprised they got any dedicated server support out the door for the first release of an alpha client, when AAA devs can't seem to get them out with the release of their games at all.

/shrug
  • chrisinajarchrisinajar Join Date: 2010-02-03 Member: 70415Members
    Yeah, I really wasn't expecting a dedicated server at all... I was pretty pumped about that.