Can't Download?

MycophobicMycophobic Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73207Members
Hey, I'm having an issue actually downloading the game. I'm not sure what I'm missing or doing wrong. I go to "activate a product on Steam" and input the code I was emailed, but if gives me an error saying "Please first activate the original game". Help?

Comments

• MahmuttiMahmutti Join Date: 2010-05-25 Member: 71854Members
    edited July 2010
    Are you trying to enter the special edition key that was emailed to you today/yesterday? If so, you need to input the original key (the one that you got when you ordered the game) first.
  • VmanVman Join Date: 2007-09-11 Member: 62251Members
    Please use the search function on this website, I have had this problem a while ago and the solution is posted up. But if your lazy you need to find your black armor dlc key. Where is that? they sent you another email to your original email address. Find that, copy and paste it to your steam add games area.
  • MycophobicMycophobic Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73207Members
    edited July 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1786650:date=Jul 27 2010, 12:55 PM:name=Mahmutti)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mahmutti @ Jul 27 2010, 12:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1786650"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Are you trying to enter the special edition key that was emailed to you today/yesterday? If so, you need to input the original key (the one that you got when you ordered the game) first.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ah! Thank you! I pre-ordered so long ago I had forgotten about ever getting that.

And Vman, that's not my problem. Thanks for the unmerited insult though, I looked for a solution before posting.
  • AgentAgent Join Date: 2004-02-10 Member: 26330Members, Constellation
    I am having the same problem, but this solution didn't help me.

I've input *both* keys, first the alpha key and then the black armor key, and both keys were accepted.

Now what? Steam is not downloading the game, and there are no instructions anywhere in any of the emails UW have sent me, nor anywhere on the website(s) that explain how this is supposed to work. I am stuck sitting here with two keys, both of which are now inert (since I've used them), and no actual content. How do I make Steam download the actual game?
  • MahmuttiMahmutti Join Date: 2010-05-25 Member: 71854Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1786769:date=Jul 28 2010, 12:02 AM:name=Agent)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Agent @ Jul 28 2010, 12:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1786769"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I am having the same problem, but this solution didn't help me.

I've input *both* keys, first the alpha key and then the black armor key, and both keys were accepted.

Now what? Steam is not downloading the game, and there are no instructions anywhere in any of the emails UW have sent me, nor anywhere on the website(s) that explain how this is supposed to work. I am stuck sitting here with two keys, both of which are now inert (since I've used them), and no actual content. How do I make Steam download the actual game?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Did you try restarting steam and/or rebooting your computer? Is Natural Selection 2 not showing up at all in your steam games library?