Players Spamming Connectivity

SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
Clients are spamming connectivity to a full server in rapid sequence causing the server to lag.
Spmmaing is not effecting the servers CPU consumption at all but is making for a bad game for everyone.

Comments

• XeltorXeltor Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33561Members
    This happens because ppl don't know what the max players is that can connect to the server i suggest putting it in your server name. :)
  • JerkstoreJerkstore Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67880Members
    edited July 2010
    I posted about this in the stickied server topic. It happens everytime my server fills up and is clearly causing lag issues. The most I've seen is 6 people stuck in a connect/disconnect loop.

Xeltor: That's how it happens, yea, but nobody is spamming reconnect 100 times in a minute. The game is doing it itself, which is kind of a problem.
  • XeltorXeltor Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33561Members
    edited July 2010
    I noticed on my server that it only happened when there was 29/30 players and the last slot just couldn't be filled because people keep looping in connect / disconnect...

So yeah i agree it needs some serious fixing :P
  • SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
    Player number is already in the server name, does not help.

Cant test the game properly with all this spamming. The game has no client side drop with "Server is Full message"
    I wonder if the client is spammin attempts on black screen with "Attempting Connection..."
    That badly needs limiting to 1 try every 5 seconds.
  • SnougarSnougar Join Date: 2007-12-31 Member: 63301Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1786296:date=Jul 27 2010, 04:45 PM:name=Xeltor)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Xeltor @ Jul 27 2010, 04:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1786296"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This happens because ppl don't know what the max players is that can connect to the server i suggest putting it in your server name. :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I tried this for a few games. Still results in the same! :C