Cloaking in NS2?

catcat Join Date: 2009-06-01 Member: 67627Members
I would like to ask if the complete game will have some form of sens chamber or an ability which cloaks. If so, is there any functionality of it in the alpha? the different options in the alien menus are not very descriptive.

Comments

• catcat Join Date: 2009-06-01 Member: 67627Members
    Bump, as I really would like to find info on this.
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2010
    <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1--> // Upgrade buildings and abilities (structure, upgraded structure, passive, triggered, targeted)
        'Crag', 'UpgradeCrag', 'MatureCrag', 'CragHeal', 'CragUmbra', 'CragBabblers',
        'Whip', 'UpgradeWhip', 'MatureWhip', 'WhipAcidStrike', 'WhipFury', 'WhipBombard',
        'Shift', 'UpgradeShift', 'MatureShift', 'ShiftRecall', 'ShiftEcho', 'ShiftTargetedAbility',
        'Shade', 'UpgradeShade', 'MatureShade', 'ShadeCloak', 'ShadeBlind', 'ShadePhantasm',

// Alien abilities and upgrades - BabblerTech
        'BabblerTech', 'LobTech', 'EchoTech', 'PhantasmTech',
        'HydraTech', 'BloodThirstTech', 'FeedTech', 'Melee1Tech', 'Melee2Tech', 'Melee3Tech', 'Armor1Tech', 'Armor2Tech', 'Armor3Tech',
        'AdrenalineTech', 'CorpulenceTech', 'BacteriaTech', 'FeintTech', 'SapTech', 'StompTech', 'BoneShieldTech', 'CarapaceTech', 'PiercingTech',

// Alien buys
        'Feed', 'Carapace', 'BloodThirst', 'Bacteria', 'Corpulence', 'HydraAbility', 'Piercing', 'Adrenaline', 'Feint', 'Sap', 'Stomp', 'BoneShield',<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

that's everything i'm pretty sure that you can get. Under 'Shade' you see 'ShadeCloak' so i'm assuming yes you'll be able to cloak, but with the help of that chamber, not sure if there's an alien upgrade to allow this though. if anything it'd be Phantasm, but no clue as to what that is yet.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    What are crag and whip?
  • NemesizNemesiz Join Date: 2005-03-09 Member: 44519Members
    edited July 2010
    wasnt shade under the drone building menu? i remember sending a drone to shade and it did but never saw anything after that

Crag and whip are gona be the new towers we drop i think for defence or ability upgrades
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2010
    edit: Created a new post with all the abilities. Click <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=110470" target="_blank">HERE</a>
  • PepeNZPepeNZ Join Date: 2009-05-26 Member: 67485Members
    Nice summary of those abilities
  • GeneralBowserGeneralBowser Join Date: 2010-05-19 Member: 71801Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1786224:date=Jul 27 2010, 04:56 PM:name=Frhoe)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frhoe @ Jul 27 2010, 04:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1786224"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><b>Shade: The Sensory Chamber of NS2. This chamber has 3 'effects'.</b><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I managed to build some of these, they are kinda weird, you cant see them so only the com knows they are there. They didn't seem to do anything either..
    <!--quoteo(post=1786230:date=Jul 27 2010, 11:01 AM:name=GeneralBowser)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GeneralBowser @ Jul 27 2010, 11:01 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1786230"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I managed to build some of these, they are kinda weird, you cant see them so only the com knows they are there. They didn't seem to do anything either..<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

For not seeing them that's more than likely because we don't have a Shade model that comes with the alpha. :) For the commander only being able to view them, maybe it's a placeholder for now. (I haven't checked it out yet) so I wouldn't know and yeah i'm sure the abilities wouldn't work just yet.
  • PsympleJesterPsympleJester Join Date: 2008-04-06 Member: 64024Members
    Shades are buildable...
    But have no model...
    Thus they exist when are built and can be upgraded (or atleast you can tell them to upgrade) however they are invisible and dont seem to do anything
  • catcat Join Date: 2009-06-01 Member: 67627Members
    I really hope the choice for selectin upgrades is detached from the team this time. I recall having many enemies for building sens chambers first because I want my cloak first.