NS2 Alpha Special Edition vs WoW in-game pet

Axel_StoneAxel_Stone Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18993Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">Decisions</div>I dont know where to put this, but I am sad... and now kinda upset.

I am at a dilemma, I dont own a credit card and my birthday was coming up, parents kept asking what i wanted. They waited untill yesterday to give me my gift card for 40 dollars.

I had been waiting for NS to look like it was going to released to purchase. So I was all looking forward to using the 40 on the NS Special edition. Come to find out paypal does a 1$ USD withdraw to "verify" the account. Yup, I was then screwed. So today I actually just take the 40 and buy a 50$ gift card, by time I get home the timer is OVER. I sent an email last night desperate to try and buy it thinking the deadline was last night also.

I understand everyone is probably busy at unknown worlds right now, but I figured I'd have a reply by earlier today. I'm really at the point of just spending my wasted cash on a WoW in-game pet and just give up on playing NS. Please someone tell me that the Special edition purchase isn't shut down permanently, I really wanted to play.

It was bad enough regular NS sucks on a 64bit OS now this? (Yes I understand that is a HL1 issue really not NS fault).

Comments

• cgountaniscgountanis Join Date: 2003-08-10 Member: 19314Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Yea it said till end of day and its not end of day anywhere in the US so what gives? I bought the beta let me donate $5 more and get access and the fabulous armor for my cack.
  • Axel_StoneAxel_Stone Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18993Members, Constellation
    Let me add to the fact. I hate paypal as is, but was wanting to support the game as well as be able to play NS again. Plus, I understand why paypal was used, Charlie has worked with a few others and they built this from the ground up. Overhead for a payment processor would probably be quite expensive.

In case I didnt show how utterly furious I am at paypal and this "timer" (No, I dont follow the site/forums obsessively). I'm pretty much ready to say I'll never buy the game. Hopefully in the next two days I'll receive a reply SOMEWHERE.
  • Axel_StoneAxel_Stone Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18993Members, Constellation
    edited July 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1785195:date=Jul 27 2010, 12:28 AM:name=cgountanis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cgountanis @ Jul 27 2010, 12:28 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1785195"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yea it said till end of day and its not end of day anywhere in the US so what gives? I bought the beta let me donate $5 more and get access and the fabulous armor for my cack.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Apparently there was a timer till 10pm EST, and I missed it by 10min.