NS Vets longest game ever played.

13»

Comments

• WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    i think ~7 hours on bast? 2nd place probably goes to nothing or hera, those two maps were good for really long games back in the 1.0x days
  • Rogue EagleRogue Eagle Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72551Members
    5 hours. Can't remember the name of the map :S

Was a fantastic back and forth game. The marines ended up shifting base a couple of times to stay alive, sometimes went on those 'victory or death' shotgun runs in desperation which somehow kept them alive for longer.

I didn't get to bed till 4.30am that day.
  • HarathanHarathan Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72845Members
    edited July 2010
    1 and a half hours on Bast. I was commander. Back and forth for an hour, every time aliens had a 3rd hive building we knocked down one of their old ones. Everyone already had HA+HMGs by that point, so we had resources spare.

Aliens finally managed 3 hives, got a bunch of Onos up and came straight for our base. There was no way the heavies would get back to base in time, and no way I could defend the base solo.

So I slotted a spare command chair and some IPs up in that little maintanence corridor above the refinery section, dropped myself a jetpack and got out of Dodge. Took a further half an hour for the aliens to finally dig us out and we actually knocked them down to 2 hives again before the end.
  • imhotep79imhotep79 Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58203Members
    Server: G4B2S
    Game Time: 2hrs +++

Marines did a heavy rush and wiped out 3rd and 2nd hive, but we had all the resource nodes.

Marines were walking towards the last hive and I remember we decided to kamikaze with hive 1 oni and fades and took out the marine start.

Sad to say, the commander panicked while dropping structures at the hive to replace the ones in MS. He forgot to place a new CC.

We won. Best game evah.
  • laggerlagger Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1805Members
    Most games pre 1.04 took forever if the aliens ever started winning :/, hmg jetpacks *fist shake*.
  • lwflwf Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58311Members, Constellation
    I can't remember exactly but it was two hours or more. What I do remember is that it was the most fun game I played.
  • dRaGGin_loWdRaGGin_loW Join Date: 2007-11-01 Member: 62790Members, Constellation
    Dang thought I uploaded the screenshot from mine but guess I didnt. Alittle over 8 hours was my longest game. The last 2 hours or so were pretty intense.
  • SuperflySuperfly Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3485Members, Constellation
    edited July 2010
    Personally, I think that 20 mins will feel too much like death match/combat. The most memorable games I played where 1+ hours (even a few play until sunrise moments). Anything less than 45-30 mins seems like it will be nothing but running and gunning.

I use to love when you had to carefully plan your movements (for fear of death) and it was not safe to work alone.

I am sure that with LUA there will be a revival of the all night RTS games.
  • TuTLookTuTLook Join Date: 2009-07-23 Member: 68245Members
    Mine was close to 5 hours. The marine team moved their base to Satellite Communication (ns_tanith), but the aliens just didn't manage to break their defenses. After 3 hours of marines' extreme defensive mentality, three JPs (2 friends of mine and I) managed to get 3 phase gates close to their hives without them noticing. It was a matter of time before everything got sieged down.

BUT, we discovered that they had built a nice base back on marine's start. Every rine started rushing to the base, destroyed it and found out that a gorge managed to build a hive. The comm wanted the game to end soon, so he gave HA + GL to everyone and made us blow everything.

Good ol' times...
  • ЯecoupЯecoup Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72831Members
    I remember two hours on NS_Bast. Back and forth, back and forth...
  • WywagWywag Join Date: 2003-08-15 Member: 19759Members, Constellation
    About 3 hours on the map with the "mother" hive, can't recall the name of it. It was the classic HA vs acid firing fades, was a real power struggle. Can't remember who won, though. It's been a few years :)
  • Matt TreckMatt Treck Join Date: 2008-09-27 Member: 65085Members
    Me and my clan played one for 5 hours. Halfway through we ran a script that froze everything and took a 30 minute break.

I can't remember the map name tho.

But it was bloody insane.
  • DeadmanDieingDeadmanDieing Join Date: 2004-02-23 Member: 26811Members, Constellation
    I've been ina few 6-8 hour games before, evena friend of mine started the game had to quit and came back from work to rejoin the same game. It was epic aliens couldn't finsh off the rines, rine where making a comeback. aliens ended up winning but it took alot of coordination to do so. and it was a pub game so that was a task in itself.
  • RooKRooK Join Date: 2003-10-15 Member: 21694Members, Constellation
    I recall some +4 hour games... no telling how long the longest was - that was quite a while ago.

But all is well - in 2 hours i'll have my crack fix again.