Concerns with The AWSOME Black Armor

I2av3nI2av3n Join Date: 2010-05-03 Member: 71611Members
<div class="IPBDescription">^ Read above</div>just one concern here with the awsome black armor

its for those who payed more to show who has the speical edition and those who supported more

i was jsut thinking, will people who didnt get the speical edition, be able to download skins(black armor) on their own servers, cause if they could it would ruin it just a bit

bit unfair for those who were able to preorder 1st for the love support of the game

should there be some kind of counter messure to stop people from doin that

i believe those who got the speical edition are the only ones who should be able 2 wear black armor (seeing how its LIMITED)

(btw do the aliens get black armor too?)

Comments

• MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    In the final game you will be able to tell which servers are "vanilla" and which are modified (though we won't have this in the alpha).
  • FuryFury Silver Fish Hand Catch Join Date: 2003-08-14 Member: 19673Members, Constellation
    Deep down it doesn't matter if they have a mod to change armour colours.
    At least you will know you donated to support awesome devs.
  • InkInk Join Date: 2009-08-15 Member: 68499Members
    You guys should make it so servers cannot block the black armor or give it server side.
  • Matt_BLahMatt_BLah Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58269Members
    I do like the unable to block black armor guys, but I don't know about the giving it out server side... that could have the effect of no custom armor period and that wouldn't be cool!
  • Renegade.Renegade. Join Date: 2003-01-15 Member: 12313Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1783103:date=Jul 25 2010, 05:47 PM:name=I2av3n)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (I2av3n @ Jul 25 2010, 05:47 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1783103"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->awsome black armor

its for those who payed more

they could it would ruin it<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=1783117:date=Jul 25 2010, 06:29 PM:name=Fury)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fury @ Jul 25 2010, 06:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1783117"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->At least you will know you donated to support awesome devs.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I am a man of my word, so I will not mention it here, instead I'll leave you to the obvious conclusion.

And while we've got Max on the line, segue into the important question: <!--coloro:orange--><span style="color:orange"><!--/coloro-->will black armor be toggle-able serverside to enforce model consistency without penalty to the server (i.e. showing up as non-vanilla or modded)?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • RulgrokRulgrok Join Date: 2007-04-04 Member: 60559Members
    edited July 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1783355:date=Jul 26 2010, 03:57 AM:name=Renegade.)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Renegade. @ Jul 26 2010, 03:57 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1783355"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I am a man of my word, so I will not mention it here, instead I'll leave you to the obvious conclusion.

And while we've got Max on the line, segue into the important question: <!--coloro:orange--><span style="color:orange"><!--/coloro-->will black armor be toggle-able serverside to enforce model consistency without penalty to the server (i.e. showing up as non-vanilla or modded)?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If you've been on the fence about ordering the Special Edition, you now have two weeks to decide. If you have the Special Edition, you will be able to choose your armor when you play - possibly at the Armory, like the rest of your weapons and equipment!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

From my understanding they mentioned that black armor is something you can receive from an armory... wouldn't this essentially be the same as a jetpack or heavy armor in such a case consistency wouldn't matter as its a unique model - like going from a skulk to a fade.
  • Renegade.Renegade. Join Date: 2003-01-15 Member: 12313Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1783364:date=Jul 25 2010, 11:10 PM:name=Rulgrok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rulgrok @ Jul 25 2010, 11:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1783364"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->From my understanding they mentioned that black armor is something you can receive from an armory... wouldn't this essentially be the same as a jetpack or heavy armor in such a case consistency wouldn't matter as its a unique model - like going from a skulk to a fade.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No, it's a cosmetic upgrade and not intended to be "like going from a skulk to a fade". Selecting it at the armoury is no different than selecting a hat at the character screen in TF2, and even TF2 has well-recognized the need for "serious" servers to disable this option without being penalized.
  • 1ERASER11ERASER1 Join Date: 2004-02-22 Member: 26778Members
    The black armor for marines applies. What about black armor for aliens?
    Instead of the white, replace with black model. That would be nice and you get the "black armor" for both races and not just marines.

If you wanted to show off your "black armor" you would have to go marine... going as alien doesn't give you that extra feel of being "cool" :P
    <!--quoteo(post=1783381:date=Jul 26 2010, 05:35 AM:name=1ERASER1)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1ERASER1 @ Jul 26 2010, 05:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1783381"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The black armor for marines applies. What about black armor for aliens?
    Instead of the white, replace with black model. That would be nice and you get the "black armor" for both races and not just marines.

If you wanted to show off your "black armor" you would have to go marine... going as alien doesn't give you that extra feel of being "cool" :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Agree, do we get anything special when we are aliens - I play aliens far more then I do rines.
  • InkInk Join Date: 2009-08-15 Member: 68499Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1783383:date=Jul 26 2010, 04:36 AM:name=Matt_BLah)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Matt_BLah @ Jul 26 2010, 04:36 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1783383"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Agree, do we get anything special when we are aliens - I play aliens far more then I do rines.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Aliens should get glowing eyes with the cool effect the demoman gets when he reaches 3 heads with the eyelander.

Its subtle, small, but badass.

(i hope people know what im talking about)
  • JimydJimyd Join Date: 2003-02-08 Member: 13289Members
    edited July 2010
    I think <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Red Eyes<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> for <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Special Edition<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->, and only <!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->Orange<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> for <!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->Standard Edition<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->; would be toggleable/choosable of course(like the<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro--> Black Armor <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->for <!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Marines<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->).
    Different eye color sounds like a good idea
  • WarmongerWarmonger Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13126Members, Constellation
    Maybe they should have just done the constellation icon on the scoreboard as they did with NS1 instead of having black armor.... I really don't understand why everyone is hung up on the armor.
    Have you seen it? it is BOMB!
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    edited July 2010
    This is good news. I look forward to joining modded servers and running any client side mods like i do right now with NS1.

I mostly just care about custom props for all assets in the game, like NS arms lab back in the day. but i wouldn't mind playing some NS:Kart racing, or the NS:Wiremod physics sandbox mod that's practically guaranteed to show up (like it did for gmod, and apparently like it will in unreal tournament 4 or something).
  • QuadLMGkillQuadLMGkill Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72576Members
    edited July 2010
    How about no? They said it's for those ordering SE before Alpha release and that's what it should be. Everyone had an equal chance, SE has been available for a long, long time. Typical WoW mentality, if everyone cannot have/do it, then make changes so we're all uniform. :)

NS1 does not need mods, it's not like CS with "spiderman" mods and "space jetpacks candy gun" mods.
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1783437:date=Jul 26 2010, 01:34 AM:name=QuadLMGkill)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (QuadLMGkill @ Jul 26 2010, 01:34 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1783437"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->NS1 does not need mods, it's not like CS with "spiderman" mods and "space jetpacks candy gun" mods.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ya that'll stop the mod makers. And way to tell the devs that all the work they put into making the game extremely easy to mod was for nothing (including custom tool creation for scripting, mapping, etc). Btw it's not NS "the game", it's NS the lua-MOD on whatever they named the engine, so ya expect change.
  • QuadLMGkillQuadLMGkill Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72576Members
    Point conceded. :)
  • mobettamobetta Join Date: 2010-07-23 Member: 72693Banned
    O i want a superhero mod.... as for aliens getting something. They have already advertized the se with stuff. I dont see them going o wait and u get this too. Plus who cares what u look like.