Alpha test sub forum

schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
<div class="IPBDescription">can we have one?</div>would free up the general discussion for general discussions, and also it wouldnt clog the ideas and suggestions area

Comments

• ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    I think we can rest assured relevant forums and sub-forums for bug reporting and general discussion will be set up.
  • CoragemCoragem Join Date: 2005-03-06 Member: 44049Members
    I think this a very good idea.
  • WatchMakerWatchMaker Join Date: 2003-09-26 Member: 21233Members, Constellation
    When the date approaches, I could see this being very useful. But now? Eh.
  • kyliegirlkyliegirl Gorge Master Australia Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10586Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    it will be good for when the alpha goes live, especially since no doubt there will be quite a few things that will pop up upon installation.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1780590:date=Jul 19 2010, 12:01 PM:name=WatchMaker)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WatchMaker @ Jul 19 2010, 12:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1780590"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->When the date approaches, I could see this being very useful. But now? Eh.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    its only 7 or so days away so figured i'd mention it now :)
  • pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    I guess they wanna keep part of the discussion in general like before when they refused to create a mapping forum :
    But yes, at least one sub forum might help and I just hope I don't have to register somewhere else for bugreports..
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Or perhaps we will continue to use Get Satisfaction, you know that 'feedback' thing on the side of your screen. But never know maybe we'll get a bug sub forum again. =]
  • Dalin SeivewrightDalin Seivewright 0x0000221E Join Date: 2007-10-20 Member: 62685Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1780620:date=Jul 18 2010, 09:53 PM:name=Frhoe)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frhoe @ Jul 18 2010, 09:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1780620"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Get Satisfaction<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

*shudder*

It is slow, annoying and <b>not</b> a bug tracking system and it requires secondary login credentials. Epic. Fail.
  • KalifiKalifi Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72456Members
    edited July 2010
    I don't really see the need for any Alpha sub-forum. Any general alpha related chat will fit the NS2 General Discussion and the devs propably have some kind of bug & issue tracking system ready for bug reports and feature requests.
  • TSSTSS Join Date: 2010-05-11 Member: 71716Members
    I'd prefer it if they'd make a sub forum for alpha discussions (2 actually - general discussion and bugs&issues) where only alpha players could post, and everybody else could only read the messages.

This because i know they have an open development process, where there probably won't even be a NDA for alpha testing. But if you stick with the same forums you'll mix the oppinions of those who have actually played alpha, and those who have yet to play it. Not that oppinions are right or wrong but those who will have played it will atleast have a slightly more informed oppinion.

It's hard to explain it all politically correct like for me but i do think that would be the way for this game. Afterall, if anybody who's not in alpha sees an alpha thread they absolutly want to reply to they can make a reference thread in the general discussion.
  • basti53basti53 Join Date: 2010-07-17 Member: 72486Members
    While i dont care much about general discussion, a Bug Forum is absolutly nessesary. This way several people can track down a single bug, means alot more detailed feedback.
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    There is already a bug reporting forum. We just can't see it.
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thanks for the ideas on how to integrate GetSatisfaction. We set it up so if you hit F1 it will bring up the form in the Steam browser about 12 hours ago via web<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Told ya, Get Satisfaction! :p