So what should we call the black armor players in game :P

13»

Comments

• Skyforger2Skyforger2 Join Date: 2007-10-19 Member: 62681Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1778549:date=Jul 14 2010, 07:36 AM:name=xposed-)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xposed- @ Jul 14 2010, 07:36 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1778549"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->* People with jobs<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I like this one !
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    I suspect this is going to be the highlight of every single NS2 game. I'll save my "funny-racism" comments for then! >:D

Btw doesn't it feel a lot like the devs don't care about the money from anyone that standard-preordered? It's a tad bit ungrateful. At least that's my take on it, because how will you tell someone that standard-preordered from someone that just ordered after beta? I'd be happy to get a little 16x16 icon! Or a free flamethrower every time i spawn :P
  • BobTheJanitorBobTheJanitor Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24228Members, NS1 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1779364:date=Jul 15 2010, 06:58 PM:name=FocusedWolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FocusedWolf @ Jul 15 2010, 06:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1779364"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Btw doesn't it feel a lot like the devs don't care about the money from anyone that standard-preordered?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The people who made a standard preorder will get the standard game, which is all they asked for. The rest of us basically gave an extra 20 bucks out of love. Reskinned armor will be fun, and alpha access is great, but won't mean anything once the game is out. All we really paid for was to see this game succeed. So yeah, I don't mind if the devs want to give us hugs in return.
  • HashashinHashashin Join Date: 2010-04-15 Member: 71416Members
    You may address us as Sir Hero, or Captain Elite, or Expert Professionals.
  • MyBallsMyBalls Join Date: 2010-07-15 Member: 72423Members
    I lol'd @ blackup, btw hai2u's.

You could also call them, Batman :O, because you know this conversation gets dicey.

"Skulk: I hate that f'ng guy"
    "Gorge: what guy?"
    "Skulk: The black guy.."
    "Gorge: RACIST!!!!"
    "....Skulk has left the server, reason: kicked by admin."

^- You laugh it's gonna happen lmao.
  • DrownDrown Underwater Join Date: 2002-12-02 Member: 10392Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1779377:date=Jul 15 2010, 09:40 PM:name=MyBalls)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MyBalls @ Jul 15 2010, 09:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1779377"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I lol'd @ blackup, btw hai2u's.

You could also call them, Batman :O, because you know this conversation gets dicey.

"Skulk: I hate that f'ng guy"
    "Gorge: what guy?"
    "Skulk: The black guy.."
    "Gorge: RACIST!!!!"
    "....Skulk has left the server, reason: kicked by admin."

^- You laugh it's gonna happen lmao.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

LOL. Never thought of that one.
  • kingmobkingmob Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3650Members, Constellation
    First Drop

that's my best attempt
    it's space marinish
    they were the first ones there at the start of the alien vs. marines war.
  • SopsSops Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17894Members, Constellation
    P.I.E. or Players with Inflated Ego
  • DrummerDrummer Join Date: 2004-02-18 Member: 26654Members
    how come no one has thought of this one yet?

ALPHA SQUAD!

combines the awesomeness of squad five from ns, plus it says you were the first on the lines in the "new war." they would be the veterans from the last war that will always be saving the asses of the newer "greenies"
  • phoenixbbsphoenixbbs Join Date: 2003-02-10 Member: 13379Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    TerPs - Terra Prime
    TOPOs or TOFs - the original pre-orderers / funders
    The FEW - (the few who pre-ordered)
    REVs - the revered
    THEM - the holy elite marines
    Ni ! - reference to Month Python (there's an idea for an audio easter egg !)

and last but not least;

SIR !
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    Doesn't anyone get the impression that the black armor, or any special-colored armor, will just end up being very distracting in game? Or maybe it's the 1 guy with green armor that will be distracting when in a crowd of black armor?

Thats it, i want 3-races added to the game. On one corner of the map, the aliens. On another corner, the cooperate mercenaries from AVP2, i.e. the black armored, and lastly the green grunts of NS1 (whose famous battle cry is "Kill everything that has 2+ legs AND/OR appears to be a darker shade of green with splinter cell nvgs!"

Hey at least marine vs marine gameplay won't be blue vs red right :P
  • BloodhouseBloodhouse Join Date: 2010-07-14 Member: 72369Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1779518:date=Jul 16 2010, 03:00 PM:name=FocusedWolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FocusedWolf @ Jul 16 2010, 03:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1779518"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Doesn't anyone get the impression that the black armor, or any special-colored armor, will just end up being very distracting in game? Or maybe it's the 1 guy with green armor that will be distracting when in a crowd of black armor?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think it'll be a distinction but it'll depend on the aliens you come up against. Some skulks (and it will be skulks for the most part) will go for the greens thinking "easier kill", some will go for the blacks thinking "bigger threat". That is if you tie in ability, to purchase date, which isn't always gonna correlate I know.