NS2 Pre Order Question

KittamaruKittamaru Join Date: 2006-09-18 Member: 58017Members
<div class="IPBDescription">About the SE</div>Well, I have the SE (yay me) and all that, woot. My brother, when we got him pre-ordered, only had enough for the standard edition.

I saw there was no way to upgrade to the SE - my question is, since we DID NOT pre-order through steam, but through the website, is there any way to refund the order and get him the SE, or is that too impossible?

I'm halfway tempted to just pre-order him the SE and give the standard to my mother (yes... my mother wants to try the game... scary I know)

Comments

• TravCarpTravCarp Join Date: 2010-06-04 Member: 71962Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    ASAIK you can't pre-order from steam yet. So just contact one of the devs and they will do it for you.
  • RugerRuger Join Date: 2009-09-08 Member: 68718Members
    I believe that as long as you haven't used the key on steam yet, you're allowed to cancel the order and get the se version.
  • CruorCruor Join Date: 2004-11-07 Member: 32677Members
    Yes if it hasn't been bound to a steam account yet, I do believe a refund is available. And if your brother hasn't bound it to his steam account yet I believe his best bet is to pre-order the SE, then use that key to activate a steam CD-key with the page that does that can't remember or bother to look it up, getting late and sleepy. Then asking for a refund for the old standard edition, since it was said the refund process could and would probably take longer than the remaining time you have to purchase the SE.
  • KittamaruKittamaru Join Date: 2006-09-18 Member: 58017Members
    Ah, cool, sounds good :)

Thanks for the heads up yall :)