Map problems

johnny truantjohnny truant Join Date: 2008-03-09 Member: 63827Members, Reinforced - Silver
Can't seem to get any of the maps i've made to work in-game, when I type "map mapname" it says it can't be found. I've added player start and everything, put the maps in the right folder etc. I'm sure i'm just being an idiot, but in the offchance i'm not does anyone know where I can download a map or anything just to see if it's specifically my maps that don't work or some other problem?

Thanks,

JT

Comments

• ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi! Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    A print screen of your level file in the Steam ns2/maps folder would be nice; then map mapname will work. You don't need player placements etc. to get the level to run.

The console error message print screen would be cool too?
  • johnny truantjohnny truant Join Date: 2008-03-09 Member: 63827Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Most retarded thing ever: I have NS2 installed twice on my laptop, one non-steam and one in the steam folder. Was saving maps in the wrong folder (non-steam). Sorry folks. So embarassed D:
  • RazorRazor Join Date: 2010-02-23 Member: 70695Members
    I've had the same problem after getting it on steam. Something else that got me confused was where the autosaves were and I later found out they were still being saved to the old NS2 directory. :S