Healing teammates

ChuckyChucky Join Date: 2010-04-21 Member: 71477Members
I have this idea where marines can buy health kits and ammo packs at the armory the same way they can buy weapons. And then they can take it with them to heal themselves or teammates and pass out ammo whenever they want. Sort of like in Left 4 Dead actually. Maybe the Kharaa can have something similar like spare food for quick healing. I think it would encourage people to stick together. Also, maybe some kind of visual cue to the state of the marine armor could be useful? (like scratches, broken off pieces etc.)

(btw, what do the aliens eat anyway? :P)

Comments

• GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Carry one(1) whit you for 25hp or something.
    could work :)
  • WellWell Join Date: 2006-10-04 Member: 58054Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    This is a bad idea. It contradicts the concept of commander. Only commander can throw medpacs and ammo.
    I think that is one of main idea of NS.
  • ChuckyChucky Join Date: 2010-04-21 Member: 71477Members
    The marines already buy weapons from the armory. It's not like the commander won't be able to drop health kits anymore. Like GISP said, you'd only carry one per teammate. It kind of makes sense to me too because the armory already heals when you use it in NS1. This does give a problem that everyone would rush to buy a health kit and it'll become a standard thing like Kevlar armor in CS.

I think a healing capacity of 50 HP is better than 25 HP. And maybe it could heal gradually as long as you hold the mouse button? Like say, if a marine has 20 HP and someone else heals him to 40, then the medkit would still have 30 HP worth of healing left to use.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    50 is to much, becouse of the early game balance.
    Shoudnt dobble the skulk bites needed, but leave you whit 5-15 hp if bitten twise when used.

Must be weaker then the medpacks droped by the comm, but strong enough to save you from dieing when facing a skulk.
    And to prevent everyone running around whit one they should cost the same as normal medpacks.
  • ChuckyChucky Join Date: 2010-04-21 Member: 71477Members
    Hmm... I guess 50 is too much after all. Though I still think 25 is too little as well. It's hard to know for sure right now because we don't know how much damage the aliens do. I still like my idea of players healing each other though. xD
  • celewigncelewign Join Date: 2010-02-06 Member: 70458Members
    sure sure, nerf aliens more... no one likes the stupid ugly aliens 9_9
    How is it a nerf?
    Resource management is a tough b***h, and if you as a rine only can pick it op from the armory after the comm has placed em there, i doubt there will be alot, but it does alow for forward, and bold tactics, such as a reloc to a forward technode or even a shutgunrush.
  • StarClawsStarClaws Join Date: 2002-11-26 Member: 9974Members
    edited June 2010
    Depending on how the UWE team's ideas play out with the infestation and commanders option on the infestation... The commander might not be able to give support on advancing marines for a while. Not sure though...

If a medic marine was introduced, it would make more teamwork involved and give the aliens priority targets. Guns can just be picked up by the next marine. If a medic dies, his healing ability is lost kind of thing. Make him pistol and smaller knife(instead of hatchet)? Make him a VIP. So he isn't overpowered... Make healing take time. Can't heal himself. Only 1 medic allowed. Make it have a long recharge time or only 1 use. A lot of factors to play into it.

Again... Something that can be added/modified if they don't do it themselves.
  • LoeyLoey Join Date: 2009-10-31 Member: 69187Members
    25hp if you heal yourself, 50 if you heal a team mate. if you carry extra ammo, it slows you down slightly. and you can throw it on the ground for others like tfc