In the spirit of E3....

kallethkalleth Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2574Members
Would Unknown Worlds consider doing a mass information release on Friday to coincide with the height of E3? Maybe you could piggyback onto the same press :)

Something like a big video with:

1) marines shooting aliens and aliens dying
2) aliens biting marines
3) commander view placing buildings
etc...

basically a pretty gameplay video and a HEOUGE update :)

Comments

• IluvBreadIluvBread Join Date: 2009-10-16 Member: 69059Members
    Yes because since E3 is currently ongoing, the coding codes itself!

Everyone wants a huge update, but just because It's E3 doesn't mean it will happen!
  • SypherZSypherZ Join Date: 2003-09-07 Member: 20639Members, Constellation
    Well, i think this would be the worst of timings for UWE to release something big, think about it, right now EVERY gaming site is talking about E3 and what news happens there, E3 presents almost everything in every genre for every gamer at the moment.

If they release a video and big news now, they will be nothing but among every other game out there, sure everyone on this site and hard core NS fans will love it and talk about it.

But to gain new interest among other people who dont know anything about NS, their news has to go up on other gaming sites, and right now, those news will hit page 30 on that site in a matter of seconds right now :P

Wait for the E3 to cool off first =)
  • steppin'razorsteppin'razor Join Date: 2008-09-18 Member: 65033Members, Constellation
    Worst idea yet, there is an overload of games coverage going on right now. Would possibly be the worst time to release NS2 info.
  • palliepallie Join Date: 2009-10-12 Member: 69028Members
  • Chris0132Chris0132 Join Date: 2009-07-25 Member: 68262Members
    Call me a cynic but I somehow feel this has very little to do with the 'spirit of E3'.
  • GeneralBowserGeneralBowser Join Date: 2010-05-19 Member: 71801Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1775051:date=Jun 16 2010, 02:17 PM:name=SypherZ)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SypherZ @ Jun 16 2010, 02:17 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1775051"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well, i think this would be the worst of timings for UWE to release something big, think about it, right now EVERY gaming site is talking about E3 and what news happens there, E3 presents almost everything in every genre for every gamer at the moment.

If they release a video and big news now, they will be nothing but among every other game out there, sure everyone on this site and hard core NS fans will love it and talk about it.

But to gain new interest among other people who dont know anything about NS, their news has to go up on other gaming sites, and right now, those news will hit page 30 on that site in a matter of seconds right now :P

Wait for the E3 to cool off first =)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    NS stands out enough to make an impression tbh..
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    Being part of the swath of giant corporate info bombing....

Nah.

I agree with SypherZ. Sure NS is one of the big name Indie developing games, but instead of fighting for page 2 with everything else, wait until next week if you want something giant.

Plus, time used on press releases is time not spent coding.
  • MathBRMathBR Join Date: 2007-12-21 Member: 63226Members
    I agree that doing that video just for realese on the E3 flow, its a bad idea, because NS2 could be listed as just another indie game.

And yes, i would love to see a new video with the NS2 gameplay and my preference its to see the alien side with some new features
  • StarClawsStarClaws Join Date: 2002-11-26 Member: 9974Members
    edited June 2010
    E3 turned lame anyways. Blizcon is more exciting and its just a couple games.

But yup. UWE should wait until the E3 sensation dies down.
  • xposed-xposed- Join Date: 2007-09-23 Member: 62412Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1775697:date=Jun 21 2010, 05:43 PM:name=StarClaws)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (StarClaws @ Jun 21 2010, 05:43 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1775697"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Blizcon is more exciting and its just a couple games.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

All I want to hear is the sentence that start's with "Diablo 3 will be on store shelves on..."