SG ammo indicator

2»

Comments

• nirvanaXOnirvanaXO Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70747Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1774300:date=Jun 10 2010, 05:24 PM:name=Cereal_KillR)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cereal_KillR @ Jun 10 2010, 05:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1774300"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->How are the grenades managed then? I suppose that hand grenades are out, but there doesn't seem to be room to show ammo count+reserve clips + grenades on the machine gun screen.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Technically speaking if you go to the bottom of your screen to look at your HUD you won't always have that extra split second to make a counter move you just use your human experience to take out hostiles. We can simply put stickers on the mines, and grenades for the inexperienced marines lacking intricacy of numerals.
  • RobBRobB TUBES OF THE INTERWEB Join Date: 2003-08-11 Member: 19423Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Count to three, do not count to two, not to four even more.----

wrong topic?
  • nirvanaXOnirvanaXO Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70747Members
    It hurts to count to two.
  • Cereal_KillRCereal_KillR Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1837Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1774803:date=Jun 14 2010, 07:32 PM:name=RobB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RobB @ Jun 14 2010, 07:32 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1774803"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Count to three, do not count to two, not to four even more.----

wrong topic?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Don't you mean "Four thou shall not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out "

Also, I don't see how the lack of room on a screen relates to counter-move reaction time. All I meant was that, on the machine gun, the screen shows a number (clipsize), and a few bars representing overall ammo, and no room for a grenade count. I didn't know that the grenade attachment had its own counter.
  • 1mannARMEE1mannARMEE Join Date: 2008-09-23 Member: 65064Members
    edited June 2010
    We could replace the shotgun ammo indicator with a TV that plays random youtube videos ...

EDIT: sorry for bs, but I got bored by the twitter thread :S
  • RobBRobB TUBES OF THE INTERWEB Join Date: 2003-08-11 Member: 19423Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1774813:date=Jun 14 2010, 10:41 PM:name=Cereal_KillR)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cereal_KillR @ Jun 14 2010, 10:41 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1774813"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Don't you mean "Four thou shall not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out "<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Why, yes. Never heard the original english one tho.
  • GDWhiteGDWhite Join Date: 2009-07-17 Member: 68170Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1774669:date=Jun 13 2010, 04:36 AM:name=RobB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RobB @ Jun 13 2010, 04:36 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1774669"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Suggestion to alleviate the magic fingers AND my problem: Add another armorpiece to the hand that mainly dispenses cartridges for the gun but also shields the hand against the impact shock.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--quoteo(post=1774728:date=Jun 13 2010, 04:18 PM:name=Phin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Phin @ Jun 13 2010, 04:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1774728"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I can't really imagine gently sliding my hand gently over the barrel of my gun while a fade is trying to give me an extra belly button - Franticly smashing it in seems to fit better there.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--quoteo(post=1774740:date=Jun 13 2010, 08:04 PM:name=noncomposmentis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noncomposmentis @ Jun 13 2010, 08:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1774740"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I bet you'll stop noticing it within 10 minutes of playing.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes Yes and Yes.
    These forums generate some great ideas.
  • CrispyCrispy Jaded GD Join Date: 2004-08-22 Member: 30793Members, Constellation
    I'd have the reserve ammo flash up after you finished completely reloading the shotgun. So just after you slam down on the top the reserve ammo flashes 5 times over an approx. 3-4 second period (about as long as it takes you to say 1-2-3-4-5 steadily and without pausing), unless you interrupt this by shooting, in which case it will go back to displaying current in-chamber ammo. This works because when you slam the top you know you have a fully reloaded weapon, so that information doesn't need to be shown on the flipper until you begin firing again.

P.S. I agree the flipper looks too flimsy. I'd prefer an angled triangle-based prism (similar to headlights on sports cars).
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't see any benefit in removing precise information about your remaining bullets. That doesn't improve anything, it's just a nuisance to the player. I don't like the current display though - "6/12" is a fraction and makes me think I have a clip of size 12. The remaining ammo should be better separated somehow from the clip counter. The lights on the side are too hard to see to be the only clip indicator, but I think a little icon on the screen indicating each shot would work just as well as a number and maybe look better.