What was the best game you had in NS?

2»

Comments

• heycheckitheycheckit Join Date: 2009-12-31 Member: 69836Members
    a game i played on veil versus some hambones. it was EPIC.
  • WykedWyked Join Date: 2002-11-18 Member: 9158Members
    epic game on tanith i believe.

jumped in late, looked like rines lost.. they had relocated to a hive, the rest of the map was completely lost.. only the hive res node to support them.. commander left about 5 seconds after i connected..

jumped in com chair, spent all our res to deck 1 guys out in full HA/HMG gear, with 2 welders to other people, and got up to 3 IPs. team actually followed orders to keep the heavy in back, and provide him cover so the onos couldnt devour..

after about 20 minutes we managed to turret farm our way out to a second res node, got a couple JP/shotty skirmishers in the vents to distract and pull the assault of neverending onos off our main, and actually came back to win.

was epic for rines because it was tooth and nail the entire time. aliens probably not so much.
  • TinCanTinCan Join Date: 2006-12-11 Member: 59010Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1771626:date=May 19 2010, 02:36 AM:name=JAmazon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JAmazon @ May 19 2010, 02:36 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1771626"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->hard to believe that an epic game can happen now<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Just two months ago I played a round on a full 30 slot public server that I still chuckle about today.

<b>Commander relocates CC just outside of one hive. Marines struggle for a while to take control of the second hive. Marines finally take control of the second hive only to realize the Aliens had just destroyed their only Command Chair. Marines run around for five minutes or so doing battle against one hive Oni and a fade or two. It started looking bad for the Marines since research had stopped </b><i>and no one could drop meds or ammo</i><b> but they decide to try something new, something I have only read about, they try... teamwork. All 13 marines rally to a point </b><i>(teamwork does exist on public servers)</i><b> and march to the <u>only</u> hive together. Wonder of wonders, the hive falls and the Marines win the game. Good times.</b>
    <a href="http://nsbadclan.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6346" target="_blank">http://nsbadclan.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6346</a>
  • slayer20slayer20 Killed a man once. Join Date: 2007-12-13 Member: 63157Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1771890:date=May 22 2010, 12:17 AM:name=TinCan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TinCan @ May 22 2010, 12:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1771890"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Just two months ago I played a round on a full 30 slot public server that I still chuckle about today.

<b>Commander relocates CC just outside of one hive. Marines struggle for a while to take control of the second hive. Marines finally take control of the second hive only to realize the Aliens had just destroyed their only Command Chair. Marines run around for five minutes or so doing battle against one hive Oni and a fade or two. It started looking bad for the Marines since research had stopped </b><i>and no one could drop meds or ammo</i><b> but they decide to try something new, something I have only read about, they try... teamwork. All 13 marines rally to a point </b><i>(teamwork does exist on public servers)</i><b> and march to the <u>only</u> hive together. Wonder of wonders, the hive falls and the Marines win the game. Good times.</b>
    <a href="http://nsbadclan.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6346" target="_blank">http://nsbadclan.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6346</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I want to see this.
  • RobBRobB TUBES OF THE INTERWEB Join Date: 2003-08-11 Member: 19423Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Once, 1.04 time, I came home from work and jumped online to counter my frustration from a bad day.
    I join a random server with a low ping, marines relocated to a ventilation hive room and literally littered it with all kind of crap.
    I run through the side vent, leaping right into the center of the base, turrets placed to randomly and I'm partially covered
    by their buildings.
    I notice some marines busying themselfs with nading my team mates - killed.
    Jumped behind the CC, starting to chew on it, Com jumps out - killed.
    Several other marines respawned from their IPs - killed!

As I was racing my skulk through that room like mad, this all happened in like 10~30 seconds but fealt like an hour long movie.
    It was a game ender as now the alien team was able to crush the tFac and bag the remaining base.
  • SilverwingSilverwing bulletsponge Join Date: 2003-11-23 Member: 23395Members, Constellation
    Any game with MARINE DUDE.

Yeah.

Also, I tried the "lose your cc, start teamwork, win" thing on Tanith a few years ago. Fun times!
  • PstranglerPstrangler Join Date: 2003-09-25 Member: 21198Members
    Not sure about version numbers.
    I remember a very long match with many come backs on NS_NANCY and then , out of nowhere, the server crashed. Everyone logged back in after that and went WTF!!!

I also have found memories of matches on NS_BAST, this map felt unique when compared to the others, well in my eyes it did.

While we're at it, I remember good times on NOTHING, CAGED, TANNITH, ECLIPSE, LOST, HERA and ORIGIN.
  • DrummerDrummer Join Date: 2004-02-18 Member: 26654Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1771597:date=May 18 2010, 05:16 PM:name=sherpa)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sherpa @ May 18 2010, 05:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1771597"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->... my <b>TWO</b> Voodoo2 cards in SLI<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    "Voodoo2 SLI not only doubled rendering throughput, it also increased the total framebuffer memory, and thus the maximum supported screen resolution increased to a then-impressive 1024×768."

rofls
  • NephlihimNephlihim Join Date: 2010-05-28 Member: 71879Members
    The best game I had was one where I was commanding. I didn't have a mic at the time, and this was late in the NS1, I had just come back to the game temporarily, everyone else pretty much had mics and were saying I couldn't command without a mic. They didn't realize that I grew up playing Starcraft and can type nearly 100wpm :). Commanding in NS always seemed like playing a more intimate game of Starcraft - marine vs zerg. I don't remember many NS games lasting longer than an hour or two. I can't imagine many people staying longer than three or four hours either so, frankly, I am surprised by the mentioning of eight hour games. Then again, I never got into clan matches or passworded servers.

I don't remember the map name, but it is the one with the double res node in the middle of the map, with the two air vents above it that you can weld shut. So then, the only alien attacks come from the two enterences on the south side. Marine base to the north, and the 3 hives spread out southwest, south, and south east. Most of the players were pretty skilled, the only problem was everyone was talking, so it was very hard to relay orders. The aliens were also very good. I don't remember how the start went, but after about an hour we were trapped in the middle, at the double res point, and they were isolating our main base and pushing in. There were like endless waves of onos, and lerk gas, and the team was starting to lose. I finally figured out a way to relay orders, I would have to tell everyone to shut up, and relay an order like 10 times in capslock, lol. The team then started performing better, one or two people were serving as field commanders, directing fire on the ground. We starting picking off a few onos. We managed to take out one hive in the southwest with a team rush, and that started our comeback. It was an HA rush I believe, as our JPers were getting raped by lerk gas. We started pushing towards the bottom middle hive, but we just couldn't take it. We couldn't get siege up. And the aliens were getting some good harassment in. I turreted off our top right res node and built a turret in between commander and the top left rose node and assigned a few guys to JP patrol duty. We had to fall back to middle. The fight between middle/double res and the south hive continued. We built a phase gate near it but were quickly dieing. Meanwhile, the aliens had retaken southwest, gorges kept bioiing from the vent that was connected to south hive. And the team wasn't protecting it, I think some people tried but when we got pushed back from south they took it out. Team res was going down and we made a desperate push back south. Almost all our JPers and HAers were down. At the suggestion of the crazy guy who was always asking for a ninja siege rush (we had tried a few that had failed) we ninja sieged southwest. It was pretty epic. We raped southwest hive, then we quickly rushed in and took out south hive. There must have been 6 gorges that fell off the hive after we took it out. The aliens started to lose morale then, and the last hive was pretty easy.

I think it was a little over two hours, but dang, I felt mentally drained after commanding that round. Definently my funnest round.
  • NephlihimNephlihim Join Date: 2010-05-28 Member: 71879Members
    This thread reminds me. It was always hilarious when an onos would devour a marine amongst the marine base being raped, and carry him to safety, then suicide so he survived, lol.
  • kickerkicker Join Date: 2007-09-22 Member: 62397Members, Constellation
    one time i played a 1on1 ns map for 3 hours. ...that was intense