First song test

includeinclude aka RpTheHotrodDallas, TX Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12027Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
edited May 2010 in Off-Topic
I'm a pianist (self-taught), and I decided to give my spin at making a "complete" song. It's still a work in progress, but figured I'd share it with y'all so far. :)

Still gotta do a lot of tweaking, though.

<a href="http://www.mediafire.com/file/zt5tjqerjzh/Rps" target="_blank">http://www.mediafire.com/file/zt5tjqerjzh/Rps</a>

Comments

• ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    Pretty good, though it loses a bit of punch at the 1:10-1:20 mark. Too much of the melody just drops and your mind loses the beat.

I don't know why, but my brain was really wanting to hear a triplet of ascending notes at the end of every bar. After a bit of mind-wracking it seems like my brain stole it straight from Lennon's Imagine. I think it's also in a song by Oasis.

It's very good for a work in progress, but keep at it.

--Scythe--
  • includeinclude aka RpTheHotrod Dallas, TX Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12027Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Yeah, I'm not quite sure what to put there yet. XD I agree with you there, though.
  • PipiPipi Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69550Members
    It's good man, you should think of investing in some professional samples really, it would enhance immensely your song having better samples.

I think there was a bit too much compression for that type of song as you can hear the over reacting reverb. Personnaly, I would work the ending and try to add a better punch at the end of the progressive line too.

Anyhow, really good job and keep it up ! Music is everything.

;)
  • SpacerSpacer Invented dogs Join Date: 2003-05-02 Member: 16008Members
    Yeah, less compression, more bass and low mid (imo. but I love bass :|). It needs more atmosphere too, maybe the choiry synth could have a longer attack/release and reverb? Maybe a really slow subtle phaser too, or something like that would help give it some scale.