Skulk wallcling and marine weapons.

2»

Comments

• JimydJimyd Join Date: 2003-02-08 Member: 13289Members
    Reminds me of making Berryjuice from Acorns in Pokemon, or making Poffin cakes.

LOL. Probably a good idea to be combined with the Gorge Louge mod.
  • includeinclude aka RpTheHotrod Dallas, TX Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12027Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited April 2010
    Have it as an option. Problem solved. HOWEVER, mappers need to have walls and ceilings to have an invisible flat layer, even if small pipes exists that cause the surface to be "bumpy", This way, if you're climbing along the wall or ceiling, it's nice and fluid if you use the camera angle change, as you're walking on a single flat invisible surface instead of every nook and cranny inside the wall/ceiling.
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    I always liked AvP2's view rotation and found the NS way kind of awkward. If you want to crawl up a wall and then along the ceiling in NS you:

1) Run towards the wall.
    2) Tilt your view up towards the ceiling.
    3) Move forward (up) until you touch the ceiling.
    4) Level your view and rotate it around so the wall is now behind you
    5) Run across the ceiling. (Don't look down too much or you'll detach from the ceiling and drop down)

Whereas in AvP2 to do the same you just:

1) Run towards the wall.
    2) Keep running forward while you automatically run up the wall and then along the ceiling without ever having to do anything but run forward.
    3) The end.
  • GraveGrave Join Date: 2007-12-28 Member: 63285Members
    "Have it as an option. Problem solved. HOWEVER, mappers need to have walls and ceilings to have an invisible flat layer, even if small pipes exists that cause the surface to be "bumpy", This way, if you're climbing along the wall or ceiling, it's nice and fluid if you use the camera angle change, as you're walking on a single flat invisible surface instead of every nook and cranny inside the wall/ceiling."

a good solution! i love avp2 wallwalking, and with tweaking, i HOPE we could improve upon it after what, 12 years? (approximately :P)
    NS1 wall walking was awful or this reason, (all the tiny little bumps that would result in countless deaths from getting stuck)

"I always liked AvP2's view rotation and found the NS way kind of awkward. If you want to crawl up a wall and then along the ceiling in NS you:

1) Run towards the wall.
    5) Run across the ceiling. (Don't look down too much or you'll detach from the ceiling and drop down)

Whereas in AvP2 to do the same you just:

1) Run towards the wall.
    2) Keep running forward while you automatically run up the wall and then along the ceiling without ever having to do anything but run forward.
    3) The end."

QFMFT

(ps im too dumb/lazy to quote. its the previous two posters ;))
  • JimydJimyd Join Date: 2003-02-08 Member: 13289Members
    edited May 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1769012:date=Apr 28 2010, 01:41 PM:name=NurEinMensch)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NurEinMensch @ Apr 28 2010, 01:41 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1769012"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I always liked AvP2's view rotation and found the NS way kind of awkward. If you want to crawl up a wall and then along the ceiling in NS you:

1) Run towards the wall.

<b>Whereas in AvP2 to do the same you just:

1) Run towards the wall.
    3) The end.</b><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<b>Basically, people.</b>

IB4 this promotes W+M1 Pyro tactics(TF2; just go away you people).