Natural Selection 2 News Update - Friday Update - Decoda

2»

Comments

• WarLoverWarLover Join Date: 2009-11-05 Member: 69276Members
    edited May 2010
    I know i've personally been spoiled by developers like Bungie with their weekly updates.
    I understand UWE's situation with man power but i just get disappointed when i dont see anything of interest.
  • celewigncelewign Join Date: 2010-02-06 Member: 70458Members
    lol at the people who expect more from a tiny dev team. they are busy guys. take what you can get. most teams dont do updates like this anyways, or deal with idiots like us in forums. UWE is trying hard.
  • FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1771353:date=May 16 2010, 12:16 AM:name=celewign)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (celewign @ May 16 2010, 12:16 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1771353"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->lol at the people who expect more from a tiny dev team. they are busy guys. take what you can get. most teams dont do updates like this anyways, or deal with idiots like us in forums. UWE is trying hard.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

indeed, if we want more, we have to nag on the community. Or do it ourself, but community is more ppl, so thats better (best if you are part of this community so you also contribute).

UWE is doing everything very different from how its usually done, giving pre-alphas, engine tests, and being a tiny team and yet take care of their community, and they are doing it good. Lets just hope it pays off.
    fyi, if you run statistics, it is what made me pre-order (even decided to go with special edition).
  • mattoXmattoX Join Date: 2007-08-01 Member: 61739Members
    The game isn't just about the community of people who bought it and wait for friday updates. Its universal, this game can make or break the devs! Sure enough they want to make it so versatile that anyone and everyone want some of it.

Very intelligent stuff going on beyond everyones eyes and... Patience is a virtue afterall...

Matt... :]
  • XerondXerond Undefined Join Date: 2004-07-09 Member: 29817Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1771334:date=May 15 2010, 01:59 PM:name=Squeal_Like_A_Pig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squeal_Like_A_Pig @ May 15 2010, 01:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1771334"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Please understand that we are all VERY busy trying to get something playable into your hands as soon as possible, and to adequately put together a Friday update, full of interesting content for everyone, is time consuming and a distraction from the actual game at this point. Putting together renders of game assets, takes time, recording out game footage takes even more time, writing up articles with accompanying info takes additional time. We are as bummed as you are, to not be able to release exciting stuff every week to keep our community engaged, but it definitely does not mean that there isn't a lot of exciting stuff happening.

Thanks.

--Cory<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Completely understandable. There is kind of a dilemma surrounding community engagement... if you release timely updates consistently (like twitter updates, friday posts, etc.) you stir interest in the game. But then you lose time making the <b>actual product</b> that everyone is interested in. If you put your heads down and work on the <b>actual product</b>, then you get the product into the hands of the community faster, but the dumb customers complain that they're not getting their shinny weekly updates.

What should we call this dilemma?
  • FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
    The natural paradox? (heh)

The blogging worker? (more serious)

Hope you didnt make a rhetorical question ;)
  • Empire state skulkEmpire state skulk Join Date: 2010-02-05 Member: 70437Members
    The decoda has come out then hm
    well can't wait to get it nice work ns2 team! :D
  • Dalin SeivewrightDalin Seivewright 0x0000221E Join Date: 2007-10-20 Member: 62685Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1771362:date=May 15 2010, 06:57 PM:name=Empire state skulk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Empire state skulk @ May 15 2010, 06:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1771362"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The decoda has come out then hm
    well can't wait to get it nice work ns2 team! :D<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Decoda was released ages ago. We'll (hopefully) be getting a free version as part of the tools next friday though. Currently, I believe you can purchase Decoda right now and it'll work for you just fine.
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    guys, if they keep writing detailed reveals of stuff every friday we wont have anything to wow at by the time the game comes out playable no?
  • TgaudTgaud Join Date: 2009-05-01 Member: 67323Members
    just give thoses people a Fade screenshot and they will be happy.
  • Mr_CharismaMr_Charisma Join Date: 2003-01-26 Member: 12748Members, NS1 Playtester
    I love this song. It reminds me of elephants.
  • wulfwulf Join Date: 2008-08-03 Member: 64749Members
    Yes fade... Or we can wait till alpha and make it climactic