A Thanks from a old friend.

2»

Comments

• SilverWolfSilverWolf Join Date: 2003-05-20 Member: 16540Members
  • SupernornSupernorn Best. Picture. Ever. Made. Ever. Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7608Members, Constellation
    I motion that i am more famous and therefore deserve my own thread stating said credentials.
  • The_Real_QuasarThe_Real_Quasar Has the I.Q. of 12,000 P.E. Teachers Join Date: 2002-11-26 Member: 9998Members
    I remember your name... I think I bit your knees off a few times.

So playing NS makes you good at L4D, eh? I hadn't really considered the similarities, but now that I think about it you're right.

I seem to remember I was in FFT for a while, those were some good times.
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1761386:date=Mar 26 2010, 08:31 PM:name=SilverWolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SilverWolf @ Mar 26 2010, 08:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1761386"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Most of you probably do not remember me, but I used to be on some of the top teams in NS when it was in CAL (Exigent, Xensity, infinite Reverance, [ReD], etc) I played since the game was released and can say it has been one of my favorite competitive games I have ever played. I was apart of the NS-Vet progam and the NS Guides as well, I saw this game grow and loved every second of it.

Back then I played under the handle SilverWolf, I now go under the alias kaja. Some of you may recognize that name from Left 4 Dead as I was on Eximius, the top team in the game we won several cash/prize tourneys. The only reason I REALLY got into Left 4 Dead was because of the similarity between NS and L4D, the melee class vs ranged. A interesting peice of information all of the best players in that game came from competitive NS :)

I am friends with a lot of top competitive players in gaming in general and I can tell you we are all excited about Natural Selection 2. Some of us were getting rather discouraged about its release because of how long it has taken, but after seeing some of the latest developments I went ahead and decided to finally pre-order the Special Edition.

This is the game I have been waiting for, literally. All the games I have been playing competitively or otherwise have been to kill time whilst waiting for this game. After seeing that there is an engine test being released and actual in-game footage, etc. I am entirely pumped up for this.

So I just wanted to say Thank you Flayra, Max and gang! It is awesome what you guys are doing, starting up a business and following your dream and making an amazing game on top of that. Keep it up boys!

P.S. For those of you worried about the dev's catering to the competitive community or the "pubber" community, don't. They are smart fella's, they know that a lasting, GOOD game is fun for both sides. All competitive players want is balance in a skill/strategy based game, all pubbers tend to want is something fun. I think UWE can handle that ^_-

-Patrick "kaja" Kaja<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks Silverwolf! That's very nice of you to take the time to say.

We are working like crazy to get you NS2 as soon as we can. It's our hope that it will become THE go-to competitive game, although like you mentioned, equally important is that it plays well in pub play. After all, we all play the game in a "pub" setting and we want to have fun ourselves too!

Thanks for believing!

-Charlie
  • NeoSniperNeoSniper Join Date: 2005-06-02 Member: 52976Members
    Nice to see I'm not the only one who went fron NS to L4D (and then L4D2). Must say I'm loving L4D2 while NS2 comes out.

I've been playing as NeoSniper on EVERY game since 1999, but I only did the clan thing once (for RtCW). Mostly tried to play of the more team oriented pub servers with regulars.

:)
  • boobs!boobs! Old-School Competitor Join Date: 2002-11-13 Member: 8504Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1762342:date=Apr 2 2010, 05:58 AM:name=Supernorn)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Supernorn @ Apr 2 2010, 05:58 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1762342"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I motion that i am more famous and therefore deserve my own thread stating said credentials.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh I am definitely more famous, duh!
  • SilverWolfSilverWolf Join Date: 2003-05-20 Member: 16540Members
    boobs! is pretty famous.
  • StarClawsStarClaws Join Date: 2002-11-26 Member: 9974Members
    Wheres Nostalgia to add some Nostalgic to this NostalgianismNESS!!

WEOOOOO
  • ChurchChurch Meatshield grunt-fodder // Has pre-ordered NS2 Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11646Members, Constellation
    Good to see old faces. I was on a few competitive teams (but not eh very good onces hehe) back in the day and it was darned fun. I was in "Cold and Shaved" the feeder team for "Warm and Fuzzy." I can't wait for NS2 either.
  • tigersmithtigersmith Join Date: 2004-11-11 Member: 32749Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter
    great post! and i remember seeing you from time to time on servers. i cant wait soo excited!!
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1761386:date=Mar 27 2010, 02:31 PM:name=SilverWolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SilverWolf @ Mar 27 2010, 02:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1761386"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This is the game I have been waiting for, literally.
    -Patrick "kaja" Kaja<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

are you sure you weren't waiting for the game - metaphorically?.......
  • TemphageTemphage Join Date: 2009-10-28 Member: 69158Members
    I love how this thread started as one masturbatory ego-post.
  • MuYeahMuYeah Join Date: 2006-12-26 Member: 59261Members
    calm down, dear

its only a commercial
  • blackpiranhablackpiranha Germany Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14375Members, Constellation
    He's always raging in such threads. D:
  • RedDragonRedDragon Join Date: 2003-01-13 Member: 12240Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited April 2010
    Well, it certainly has been a long time. Great to see you again Boobs and SilverWolf.

Would be great to play a round or two with you guys if the chance ever comes up.

~[ReD]RedDragon~
  • JerunkJerunk Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9659Members
  • exoityexoity Join Date: 2003-03-17 Member: 14620Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    I was wondering where you have been Silverwolf, there was once a time when we basically started a clan together ...
  • FreddehFreddeh Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18520Members, Constellation
    edited April 2010
    So do noob vets like me still get to post in the 'vet reunion' thread? :P

Nice to see you still around though as well Silverwolf!