Hi..I know most hotkeys but..

mistamontielmistamontiel Join Date: 2010-03-18 Member: 71001Members
How do you set waypoints ?? I'm sick and tired of spawning a RT or some building that needs to be built, and some fool has no sound and just keeps running..

I never knew how to command and give orders, I just spawn everything =\

And then when there's a bunch of peeps I'm not sure who's asking for what..I don't play with a lot really, it's far too epic and crazy for me to command the whole way thru, I was just curious..=\

Comments

• ehshoehsho Join Date: 2009-11-04 Member: 69264Members
    edited March 2010
    I don't really comm much, but I think just by default you rightclick where you want them to go. I think you have to select units first to give the waypoint to, and I think the default button to select all marines is L. But you may want to check in options because I've changed most of my buttons around so I could be off.

And from my experience most people who run past your structures aren't doing it because they aren't aware it is there, it is because there are SKULKS TO SPAWN CAMP.
  • mistamontielmistamontiel Join Date: 2010-03-18 Member: 71001Members
    There are skulks camping it ? I don't know, they'll just go far off so I have to waste more time in recycling it.

And no, I've definitely tried StarCraft style right-clicking points..but you're probably on the $$$, I should select one or more of em before trying that. Hm..thanks bra ;] NS rules, so amazing that it's HL..just bliss. Siege turret rox !
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    You have to select a Marine and right-click on the map to give the waypoint. Similar to like in RTS game trying to move a unit.

Waypoints are per-marine, so many comms tend to bind the entire team to a hotgroup (click on the Marine Icon at the top of your screen to select the whole Marine Team) and if they need to give general waypoints it's much easier.
    Thanks dudes, so many views for such bs l0l, thanks !! :]
  • slayer20slayer20 Killed a man once. Join Date: 2007-12-13 Member: 63157Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    You can also bind a key to select all marines. It would probably save space for hotkeys if you need them.
    Yehyo. It's strange that I'm the only thread in here, lol. Thanks !