So I'm basically waiting for NS2, I don't play any games atm ...

vEtEr4nvEtEr4n Join Date: 2005-01-08 Member: 33883Members
<div class="IPBDescription">I quit WoW almost a year ago, and haven't been doing much gaming s</div>Is anyone in the same boat? I just feel most games are boring now, I have no desire for any of them. NS2 will bring me back to life though, because what game out there is anything like NS? Don't say Savage or something else because it doesn't compare. I look forward to not obeying the commander's orders and going rambo once again in the near future!

Comments

• willy-wilsonwilly-wilson Join Date: 2010-01-12 Member: 70102Members
    idk about games like ns but i love playing tf2 :) you should give it a try if you haven't already.
  • AezayAezay Join Date: 2003-04-19 Member: 15660Members
    No interest in single player games?

If you do, look at a few videos on youtube on the game Dead Space, it's a bit old by now, but that doesn't make it less good.
  • PipiPipi Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69550Members
    Fallout 3 was a good single player. I just started playing Bad company 2, sniping is a beast in this game with the gillie suit. :D
  • CrispixCrispix Join Date: 2007-01-10 Member: 59543Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Or you can play a game called Natural Selection.
  • Dauntl3ssDauntl3ss Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7737Members
    I was kinda in the same boat, until StarCraft II beta finally started =p I'm glad there's no NS2 Alpha out just yet^^
  • pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1756479:date=Mar 2 2010, 11:02 PM:name=vEtEr4n)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vEtEr4n @ Mar 2 2010, 11:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1756479"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->NS2 will bring me back to life though, because what game out there is anything like NS?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    NS2 won't be anything like NS

OH YES, I DID!
  • GDWhiteGDWhite Join Date: 2009-07-17 Member: 68170Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1756688:date=Mar 3 2010, 01:22 AM:name=pSyk0mAn)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pSyk0mAn @ Mar 3 2010, 01:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1756688"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->OH YES, I DID!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

OH NUH YOU DI-INT
  • kyliegirlkyliegirl Gorge Master Australia Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10586Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2010
    I feel your pain, i quit wow last year and have been waiting ever so patiently for ns2. There is barely any active ns servers in aus now, I think many have stopped to wait for ns2. I have played the playthrough for borderlands 4 times now and play l4d 1 and 2 occasionally, but nothing has grasped me anything like ns did so I am spending alot of time bored.
  • nirvanaXOnirvanaXO Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70747Members
  • ThaTha Join Date: 2009-06-05 Member: 67694Members
    edited March 2010
    Battlefield bad company 2, starcraft 2 maybe avp and lugaru!(yea its freaken awesome!)

the main games you need
  • SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
    I never really played Golf or had that much interest in golf games but this has been pretty fun playing with friends to pass time.
    <a href="http://tigerwoodsonline.ea.com/" target="_blank">http://tigerwoodsonline.ea.com/</a>

Played the Bad Company 2 beta, that was ace, Full game Arrives tomorrow :)

<!--quoteo(post=1756692:date=Mar 3 2010, 09:41 AM:name=kyliegirl)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kyliegirl @ Mar 3 2010, 09:41 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1756692"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I feel your pain, i quit wow last year.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Another Soul Saved?
  • noncomposmentisnoncomposmentis Join Date: 2004-11-13 Member: 32773Members
    Play Titan Quest, although I doubt Max gets any money from it. I got it and the expansion for 5 bucks off Steam a few weeks ago. Pretty entertaining, if you like Diablo II.
  • NossahNossah Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8234Members, Constellation
    edited March 2010
    +1 for Titan Quest. TQ still is awesome. I fail to understand why there were so few people that liked it. You do need a couple of people to play it to it's fullest though.
  • Ryo-OhkiRyo-Ohki Join Date: 2009-03-26 Member: 66917Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1756692:date=Mar 3 2010, 07:41 PM:name=kyliegirl)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kyliegirl @ Mar 3 2010, 07:41 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1756692"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I feel your pain, i quit wow last year and have been waiting ever so patiently for ns2. There is barely any active ns servers in aus now, I think many have stopped to wait for ns2. I have played the playthrough for borderlands 4 times now and play l4d 1 and 2 occasionally, but nothing has grasped me anything like ns did so I am spending alot of time bored.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Heh, I was on one of the two remaining Aus servers that have players left tonight (Combat unfortunately), and myself and another guy were raging at the ineptitude of our teammates. They didn't speak, they ran off, wouldn't heal the hive, fell for really poor tactics.

It was only once the map was over that we looked at the scoreboard and realized they'd all been bots.
  • gamakungamakun Join Date: 2007-11-20 Member: 62971Members, Constellation
    I would suggest Mass Effect 2, the story sucks you in and the combat isn't too difficult to learn. Also the dialogue system is fun.
  • DelphicDelphic Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58262Members
    Same boat... though I played through Fallout3 and I enjoy L4D / L4D2 occasionally. Oh and audiosurf is win, but mainly I just don't have enough free-time to play since I went from uni to job :(.
  • nighthawk144nighthawk144 Join Date: 2010-02-23 Member: 70689Members
    edited March 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1756692:date=Mar 3 2010, 04:41 AM:name=kyliegirl)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kyliegirl @ Mar 3 2010, 04:41 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1756692"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I feel your pain, i quit wow last year and have been waiting ever so patiently for ns2. There is barely any active ns servers in aus now, I think many have stopped to wait for ns2. I have played the playthrough for borderlands 4 times now and play l4d 1 and 2 occasionally, but nothing has grasped me anything like ns did so I am spending alot of time bored.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, I pretty much did the same thing minus the l4d2, WoW got boring so i went back to see if any old ns servers are still up....at least theres a few still that can distract me until ns2 comes. Audio surf is a great way to kill time until my ext. hard drive with all my music crashed T_T.
  • SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
    Oh yeh, I 2nd, 3rd, 4th.. whatever, Fallout 3 & Mass Effect 2 - If you played Mass Effect 1 and also hated it, 2 is wayyy better, far less boring running around and repetative facilities haters will like 2 (The ending is insane. It's ace.. Giant Human Reaper!! Jfj43j!!fjfj)
  • SekerSeker Join Date: 2007-03-06 Member: 60259Members
    Mhh I wonder ... half you say that "there are no players/servers" how bout you go and play.... then theres already about 10 more people :P
  • NortonNorton Join Date: 2005-01-13 Member: 35264Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1756479:date=Mar 2 2010, 04:02 PM:name=vEtEr4n)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vEtEr4n @ Mar 2 2010, 04:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1756479"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Is anyone in the same boat? I just feel most games are boring now, I have no desire for any of them. NS2 will bring me back to life though, because what game out there is anything like NS? Don't say Savage or something else because it doesn't compare. I look forward to not obeying the commander's orders and going rambo once again in the near future!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Between starcraft2, competitive counter-strike and the emulated EverQuest I've been playing, I already don't have enough time to play all the games I want. If NS2 came out I'd explode from video game overload and would never be able to do anything productive for the rest of my life. For the sake of my life, please don't release NS2 until I get a good job. Thanks.
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    I recommend Torch Light and GTAIV depending on your preferences. That's how I've been filling my time as of late.
  • 1mannARMEE1mannARMEE Join Date: 2008-09-23 Member: 65064Members
    Nearly same boat :P I play DOTA from time to time and Borderlands, but I actually don't know why I'm doing the latter, it's so boring and has no challenge to it at all, except "avoiding" bugs and glitches :P

I would also recommend Mass Effect I and II and Dragon Age Origins (I haven't played them myself yet, but I've enjoyed watching a friend of mine playing all those three titles, you can really feel the love of the developers in those games) if you are not that much into RPG you maybe should skip Mass Effect I.

I quit WoW at the end of Burning Crusade, which was imho the perfect time to stop, because it was getting (as far as I can judge) pretty noob mode and boring after that :P