Way Back Machine

woodywoody SoCal Woody56 Join Date: 2004-02-14 Member: 26541Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Feeling old yet ?</div><a href="http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://unknownworlds.com" target="_blank">http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://unknownworlds.com</a> LOL "[ 10/31/03 ]:: Happy Birthday NS!

Today marks the 1-year anniversary of the first public release of NS! On October 31st, 2002, we released NS v1.0 publically to players around the globe. There were overflows, high server CPU usage, and rampant team-stacking. We've come a long way baby, and we're just getting started.

We were hoping to release NS v2.1 to the public tonight, to mark this special occasion, but it's not ready yet. Instead, we present to you a small tidbit of things to come. Here is a sneak preview at the Steam desktop artwork, hand-painted by Cory "Squeal Like a Pig" Strader.

." Man I bet your feeling OLD if you remember that. LOL

Comments

• That_Annoying_KidThat_Annoying_Kid Sire of Titles Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14175Members, Constellation
    >_>

I'm no longer a kid

let's discuss this no further
  • PipiPipi Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69550Members
    But you're still annoying .. !

;)
  • SekerSeker Join Date: 2007-03-06 Member: 60259Members
    While looking trough one of the posts.....I just found (again) the BUS

<i>
    - We are building the B.U.S. (Big Unannounced System). We do have to be quiet with the details until we have something to show, but we are very excited about the possibilities with this. If you see any of us online, please don't ask us for any information on this, we won't give it to you anyways. :)</i>
  • laggerlagger Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1805Members
    All the cool kids joined on October 31, 2002.
  • ZiGGYZiGGY Join Date: 2003-01-19 Member: 12479Members
    people who thought I talk crap now shoulda seen me talk crap 70 years ago, true story bro :O
  • NoClassNoClass Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8207Members
    Not sure if i recall properly but didnt we have to re-register to the site when they migrated forums? Else a few of us woulda had an even older registration date?

That was a long time ago... I might be mixing it up with something else...
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1756286:date=Mar 1 2010, 04:55 PM:name=NoClass)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NoClass @ Mar 1 2010, 04:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1756286"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not sure if i recall properly but didnt we have to re-register to the site when they migrated forums? Else a few of us woulda had an even older registration date?

That was a long time ago... I might be mixing it up with something else...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not as far as I'm aware. My join date goes back to when we had the old orange and black boards, and has survived the move.

There was a software upgrade at one point (when the current setup with the integrated site was first implemented) that meant some people had to alter their usernames. You might be thinking of that?
  • VermillionVermillion Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33615Members
    edited March 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1756324:date=Mar 1 2010, 06:46 PM:name=Insane)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Insane @ Mar 1 2010, 06:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1756324"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not as far as I'm aware. My join date goes back to when we had the old orange and black boards, and has survived the move.

There was a software upgrade at one point (when the current setup with the integrated site was first implemented) that meant some people had to alter their usernames. You might be thinking of that?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

WOW I feel really old, ONLY 8 years ago did I start playing this game in its best version ever! 1.0x. I am hoping NS 2 is just as good.
  • SidSid Corwid of the Free Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12903Members, Constellation
    Oh my gawd.

...I'VE WASTED MY LIFE. ALL I'VE DONE IS PLAY VIDEO GAMES, EAT PIZZA AND WAIT FOR NS2.

Wait.

Life well spent. B)

P.S. I do remember this, though.