Post here if you would...

Ben BBen B Join Date: 2010-02-20 Member: 70666Members
<div class="IPBDescription">pre-order as soon as the alpha is available</div>Please post a single time if you will pre-order as soon as the alpha is availabe.

I'd also just like to say hi to the community. I'm Ben, a saxophonist in NYC, who has been following NS for nearly a year before its original release, and I'm super excited to see NS2 in production. I'm definitely planning on supporting the Unknown Worlds before the commercial release, but I'm waiting on the alpha. I'm curious as too how many in the community are waiting for the same thing to pre-order. Please, just post once so it can easliy be seen how many people are holding out for the alpha simply by the number of replies. Thanks!

BTW, anyone who enjoys music you can check out some of my stuff at <a href="http://www.thebrittonbrothers.com" target="_blank">www.TheBrittonBrothers.com</a>.

Comments

• AezayAezay Join Date: 2003-04-19 Member: 15660Members
    edited February 2010
    You have to understand the way UWE is financed, they do not have a huge publisher backing them up with millions of dollars, they rely on a few angel investors and the preorders from us.
    So if you want to actually help NS2, you should preorder now. There should be enough information out there, for you to make a decision about whether or not this game will be for you.

Personally, I already preordered NS2, cannot wait :)
  • CrispixCrispix Join Date: 2007-01-10 Member: 59543Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't think advertising on these forums will get you anywhere but in trouble. Best to keep that link away somewhere else.
  • Ben BBen B Join Date: 2010-02-20 Member: 70666Members
    edited February 2010
    Not trying to start trouble. I guess this thread went the wrong direction. My apologies.
  • CrispixCrispix Join Date: 2007-01-10 Member: 59543Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    I know you're not intentionally trying to start trouble. Just trying to warn you though just in case an admin removes your thread.
    well no big deal if they do. I was hoping for a more avid response on the alpha/pre-order thing, but it looks like there aren't that many folks waiting to pre-order... Make me look like a loser! :)
  • ctdctd Join Date: 2009-06-01 Member: 67611Members
    Waiting for a steam release for various reasons (download cap etc).
  • BonzaiBonzai Join Date: 2008-07-17 Member: 64654Members
    If you're planning on pre-ordering the special edition when alpha comes out, I don't think it'll work because it won't be offered when it actually is out. At least that's what I think. The standard one should still be there.
  • PipiPipi Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69550Members
    Alpha is coming real soon, in terms of weeks and like Aezay said, if you're really looking to support UWE you should consider pre-ordering right away.

There's already been a lot of pre-orders and the majority of them are special editions (to get access to the Alpha)

By the way, cool music, I like jazz it's really soothing. You can listen to mine through my signature's link. Much different, but I hope you like it. ;)
  • BadMouthBadMouth It ceases to be exclusive when you can have a custom member titl Join Date: 2004-05-21 Member: 28815Members
    The reason why you won't get much enthusiastic response in this thread is mainly because I believe most of the forummers, like myself, have already pre-ordered Ns2. And those that haven't, have already posted their thoughts in other similar threads.

You can wait till the Alpha comes out, although im not sure if the special edition would still be up by then.
  • Draco_2kDraco_2k Evil Genius Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69546Members
    I consider Spark to be the Alpha, so I think I got my return on the pre-order already.
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    If you're going to start a thread like this at least title it for when the game is released not the alpha.

You're in for a big shock when you get the alpha if you're holding out for it just to pre-order.
    edited February 2010
    Uh-oh, I didn't realize only special edition pre-order got alpha access! That makes me feel like pre-ordering now then...

One question guys, then. Do we have an idea of the rating for this game? I know NS1 was purposefully not graphically violent. Has there been any talk about the violent/language content for NS2?

@Pipi - Thanks, man. I'll let you know when I have a chance to really sit down and listen.
  • Cereal_KillRCereal_KillR Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1837Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1754383:date=Feb 21 2010, 06:35 AM:name=Bonzai)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bonzai @ Feb 21 2010, 06:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1754383"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If you're planning on pre-ordering the special edition when alpha comes out, I don't think it'll work because it won't be offered when it actually is out. At least that's what I think. The standard one should still be there.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I doubt that's how it will work. UWE needs funding, and I expect perhaps a rush of players to come when people see the awesomeness of NS2 at the alpha release. It would be silly (and a loss of money) to block out special ed orders by then. I expect SE to go down when Beta is released, for obvious reasons.
  • TrCTrC Join Date: 2008-11-30 Member: 65612Members
    I dont see them getting SE off at all.

I already pre-ordered, I have yet to get anything for my pre-order but I will eventually just hoping I'll have the time when it happens.
  • dedgeckodedgecko Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69511Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1754444:date=Feb 21 2010, 07:48 AM:name=TrC)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TrC @ Feb 21 2010, 07:48 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1754444"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I dont see them getting SE off at all.

I already pre-ordered, I have yet to get anything for my pre-order but I will eventually just hoping I'll have the time when it happens.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

...anyone that preordered has access to spark, so you've got that.
  • celewigncelewign Join Date: 2010-02-06 Member: 70458Members
    just buy the preorder now
  • FortuneFortune Join Date: 2009-04-27 Member: 67290Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1754383:date=Feb 21 2010, 05:35 AM:name=Bonzai)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bonzai @ Feb 21 2010, 05:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1754383"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If you're planning on pre-ordering the special edition when alpha comes out, I don't think it'll work because it won't be offered when it actually is out. At least that's what I think. The standard one should still be there.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes it will, the SE is for the black armour preorder skin too and 'to show support for UWE'. Of course preordering it before or at the alpha is more bang for your buck. The SE is expected to stick around until release.

<!--quoteo(post=1754433:date=Feb 21 2010, 02:20 PM:name=Ben B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ben B @ Feb 21 2010, 02:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1754433"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Uh-oh, I didn't realize only special edition pre-order got alpha access! That makes me feel like pre-ordering now then...

One question guys, then. Do we have an idea of the rating for this game? I know NS1 was purposefully not graphically violent. Has there been any talk about the violent/language content for NS2?

@Pipi - Thanks, man. I'll let you know when I have a chance to really sit down and listen.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You'll be able to participate in the beta if you get the standard preorder and the beta + alpha if you get the special edition preorder. UWE is also sticking to the lack of gore and such just as in NS1, as any community made maps won't be chosen for retail if they contain gory elements and such.
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->UWE is also sticking to the lack of gore and such just as in NS1, as any community made maps won't be chosen for retail if they contain gory elements and such.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thats great to hear... personally I'm a fan of the less violent entertainment.
  • bhazbhaz Join Date: 2009-11-11 Member: 69353Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1754541:date=Feb 22 2010, 10:03 AM:name=Fortune)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fortune @ Feb 22 2010, 10:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1754541"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->UWE is also sticking to the lack of gore and such just as in NS1, as any community made maps won't be chosen for retail if they contain gory elements and such.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Until now I'd never even thought of gore (or the lack of) in NS1, guess the game was good enough to be without it.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    edited February 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1754543:date=Feb 21 2010, 09:16 PM:name=Ben B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ben B @ Feb 21 2010, 09:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1754543"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thats great to hear... personally I'm a fan of the less violent entertainment.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah NS2 will thankfully keep the violence to a minimum while you bite, claw, and gore hundreds of people to death repeatedly.
  • SekerSeker Join Date: 2007-03-06 Member: 60259Members
    I am a fan of decent blood&gore so a very little more couldnt hurt :P
  • KarrdeKarrde Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16264Members
    Thing is, though, you don't generally get a lot of blood and gore in sci-fi as a rule. Unless it's really important. There's always exceptions and movies and whatnot that are way over the top, b8ut in general, it's kept to very moderate levels. Also, yeah, there's no way they're taking the SE bundle off.
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1754553:date=Feb 22 2010, 04:04 AM:name=TychoCelchuuu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TychoCelchuuu @ Feb 22 2010, 04:04 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1754553"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yeah NS2 will thankfully keep the violence to a minimum while you bite, claw, and gore hundreds of people to death repeatedly.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You missed out devour!
  • yourbonesakinyourbonesakin Join Date: 2005-08-06 Member: 57682Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1754566:date=Feb 22 2010, 01:09 AM:name=Thaldarin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thaldarin @ Feb 22 2010, 01:09 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1754566"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You missed out devour!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's not in the game any more.
  • AezayAezay Join Date: 2003-04-19 Member: 15660Members
    When you say gore, what kind of gore are you referring too, because as far as I remember, both aliens and marines bleed in NS1, green and red respectively.