spark wiki page

TomislausTomislaus Join Date: 2010-01-12 Member: 70090Members
edited February 2010 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">checkit</div>I put some time into the spark editor wiki page for reference. <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/index.php/Spark_Editor" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/index.php/Spark_Editor</a> I'd forgotten some of the details and didn't want to go through video tutorial again. Maybe this'll save someone some time in the future.

Have a look and lemme know or just improve it.

Comments

• PopenatorPopenator Join Date: 2009-08-27 Member: 68617Members
    I suggest adding the tools' corresponding pictures
  • TomislausTomislaus Join Date: 2010-01-12 Member: 70090Members
    edited February 2010
    Somehow I decided that the wiki wasn't allowing image hosting but I just found the glaringly obvious Upload File link. That will make some of the write easier. Trying to describe the spotlight mouse editing was painful. This weekend is busy but next week I'll add some images.

Does anyone know if the buttons look differen between vista, xp and win7?
    okay, I've got tool images now

Can someone teach me how the layers work so I can write it up. I never got around to learning how layers work in other programs and the checkboxes aren't labeled.

How do I put an object onto a layer?
    How do ya move something from one layer to another?
  • MidoMido Join Date: 2004-04-05 Member: 27742Members
    Do you want help making the wiki itself? I have a lot of spare time and a tool-fetish.

Open up the layer window, make a layer, select the entities you want to put on that layer, and check the layer you want them to be bound to.
    edited February 2010
    Assuming you mean adding content to the wiki, please by all means. It is a wiki after all.

With the layers screen, it looks like I was just overthinking it. That's easy to use! When I hide a layer, the lines and vertices still show. Is that normal and can I hide them too?

New question today, what are the rules for making a face with lines? Starting with two unconnected "rooms", when I draw lines between their vertices I get faces sometimes but not others. When it works, it seems magic and automatic. But sometimes it just doesn't work.

On a related note, when using Edit->create face, how to I control which side is the visible one? EDIT: nevermind, found the flip face command.
  • Evil_bOb1Evil_bOb1 Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 938Members, Squad Five Blue
    Yes its normal, you can't put geometry in a layer yet, only props and lights.

And its very cool of you to update the wiki Tomislaus, thank you!
    edited February 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1753256:date=Feb 15 2010, 09:27 AM:name=Evil_bOb1)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Evil_bOb1 @ Feb 15 2010, 09:27 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1753256"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yes its normal, you can't put geometry in a layer yet, only props and lights.

And its very cool of you to update the wiki Tomislaus, thank you!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It seems to hide faces though. So, would you believe faces, props, entities, lights and color gradients? Basically everything except lines and vertices will hide.

as for the wiki, it's about the limit of my abilities and time. I could probably make a decent map but it would take several years. But this way, maybe I can play NS2 sooner. :)