High-Res Texture Pack

NiteowlNiteowl Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor Join Date: 2002-09-04 Member: 1274Posts: 1,221
HULLO!

Just re-installed NS. Muxing about and whatnot. Then I remembered, somewhere in the mists of time, there was work done to get a high-res texture pack for NS out? Was that done? Is there a download link somewhere? Search leads me nowhere.

Thanks!
[OldF] Niteowl
www.oldf.net; #oldfogies on Gamesurge
Prune Juice : pj.oldf.net
Life Support: ls.oldf.net
Mature, friendly teamplay.
NAPT

Comments

• HybridclawHybridclaw Members Join Date: 2003-11-03 Member: 22271Posts: 1,016
    If your referring to detail textures, those were disabled because developers were afraid that people could change the background to make targets stand out more.

Here is a thread I found with some people trying to discuss ways to include detail textures into the game again:
    http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index....showtopic=98049
    In Game Names:
    I Camp For Drunk Cats
    Drunk Cats
  • NiteowlNiteowl Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor Join Date: 2002-09-04 Member: 1274Posts: 1,221
    QUOTE (Hybridclaw @ Feb 10 2010, 08:15 AM) »
    If your referring to detail textures, those were disabled because developers were afraid that people could change the background to make targets stand out more.

Here is a thread I found with some people trying to discuss ways to include detail textures into the game again:
    http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index....showtopic=98049

Oh, right, that's it. So it's a no go. Thanks for the link!
    [OldF] Niteowl
    www.oldf.net; #oldfogies on Gamesurge
    Prune Juice : pj.oldf.net
    Life Support: ls.oldf.net
    Mature, friendly teamplay.
    NAPT
  • HybridclawHybridclaw Members Join Date: 2003-11-03 Member: 22271Posts: 1,016
    There a a couple high poly versions of the default weapons and structures available though.

To my knowledge there a high poly LMG, pistol, infantry portal, phase gate and res tower available at fpsbanana
    fpsbanana.com
    In Game Names:
    I Camp For Drunk Cats
    Drunk Cats