Never age a year past your prime!

ObamanismObamanism Join Date: 2009-11-20 Member: 69442Banned
If scientists discover a pill that will stop aging, would you take it? And when would you take it? Age 21? Age 30? Age 40? How much would a year's supply of the pill be worth to you?

Comments

• TekdudeTekdude Join Date: 2003-04-13 Member: 15455Members, Constellation, Forum staff
    edited January 2010
    It was at that point in my life that I stopped looking around... that exact point, just as the train crawled out from that hallowed tunnel under the mountain and into the grey daylight. That final mountain that caused so much pain and anguish for my brethren and me years ago, dragging our torn and bloodied bodies up the jagged black cliff side. We needed to reach the top, to reach a resting place to save the full width or our souls. We never reached any point of that sort, only a further searing spiral. I thought it a bit ironic that I realized it coming out from under the earth of my severed past. I knew I would never again lift my eyes up to the withered and cracked branches of the forlorn tree on the mountain's peak. The old hemlock felt eons in the past, and there was certainly no need to search for it again. I came to know this in my heart as my car crossed the final border.
  • X_StickmanX_Stickman Not good enough for a custom title. Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15533Members, Constellation
    Lassie has always been an interesting character, but I've always been more interested in cars in TV shows than animals, simply because you can get inside a car and drive it while all you can do with a dog is sit on it's back as it gets more annoyed.

For example, KITT was a great character. It was just a car with some flashing lights and all of a sudden it's there! It's a character in the show. amazing. And the GMC van in The A-Team? That thing was amazing. Unfortunately, the cars were replaced more often than the dogs who played lassie, which is disappointing to me :(
  • PipiPipi Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69550Members
    The Tunguska Event, or Tunguska explosion, was a powerful explosion that occurred over the so-called Southern swamp, a small morass not far from the Podkamennaya (Lower Stony) Tunguska River in what is now Krasnoyarsk Krai of Russia, at 0 hours 13 minutes 35 seconds Greenwich Mean Time (around 7:14 a.m. local time) on June 30, 1908 (June 17 in the Julian calendar, in use locally at the time).

Although the cause of the explosion is the subject of debate, it is commonly believed to have been caused by the air burst of a large meteoroid or comet fragment at an altitude of 5–10 kilometres (3.1–6.2 mi) above the Earth's surface. Different studies have yielded varying estimates of the object's size, with general agreement that it was a few tens of metres across.
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18951Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1748479:date=Jan 21 2010, 08:33 PM:name=Tekdude)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tekdude @ Jan 21 2010, 08:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1748479"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It was at that point in my life that I stopped looking around... that exact point, just as the train crawled out from that hallowed tunnel under the mountain and into the grey daylight. That final mountain that caused so much pain and anguish for my brethren and me years ago, dragging our torn and bloodied bodies up the jagged black cliff side. We needed to reach the top, to reach a resting place to save the full width or our souls. We never reached any point of that sort, only a further searing spiral. I thought it a bit ironic that I realized it coming out from under the earth of my severed past. I knew I would never again lift my eyes up to the withered and cracked branches of the forlorn tree on the mountain's peak. The old hemlock felt eons in the past, and there was certainly no need to search for it again. I came to know this in my heart as my car crossed the final border.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I was expecting to get Bel Air'd...
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1748475:date=Jan 22 2010, 01:25 AM:name=Obamanism)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Obamanism @ Jan 22 2010, 01:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1748475"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If scientists discover a pill that will stop aging, would you take it? And when would you take it? Age 21? Age 30? Age 40? How much would a year's supply of the pill be worth to you?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You really should have chose the blue pill...
  • BadMouthBadMouth It ceases to be exclusive when you can have a custom member titl Join Date: 2004-05-21 Member: 28815Members
    I feel rather left behind by not using trolled topics of trolls to boost my post count.
  • ZiGGYZiGGY Join Date: 2003-01-19 Member: 12479Members
    I must not fear, fear is the mind killer, fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. +1 :o
  • Cereal_KillRCereal_KillR Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1837Members
    So how many of you watched the new Knight Rider? (KITT 3000)

I watched only the pilot, found it horribly bad compared to the predecessor (nostalgia maybe?) and left it at that. From what I saw, KITT 3000 was a much less lively character compared to KITT 2000.
  • DepotDepot The ModFather Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7956Members
    Cars? Are you serious? It's all about planes.
    <i>
    Sky King</i>, he has no equal. The title character was Arizona rancher and aircraft pilot Schuyler (or Skyler) "Sky" King. Although it had strong cowboy show elements, King always captured criminals and even spies and found lost hikers using his plane.

King's personal plane was called the Songbird. Though he changed from one plane to another over the course of the series, the later plane was not given a number (i.e., "Songbird II"), but was simply known as Songbird.

He and his niece, Penny (and sometimes Clipper, his nephew) lived on the Flying Crown Ranch, near the (fictitious) town of Grover, Arizona. Penny and Clipper were also pilots, though still relatively inexperienced and looking to their uncle for guidance and mentoring. Penny was an accomplished air racer and rated multiengine pilot, who Sky trusted to fly the Songbird.
  • ZiGGYZiGGY Join Date: 2003-01-19 Member: 12479Members
    edited January 2010
    that would have been so much more awesome if you'd made the whole thing up, Depot :P
  • JediYoshiJediYoshi The Cupcake Boss Join Date: 2002-05-27 Member: 674Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1748518:date=Jan 22 2010, 02:03 AM:name=Depot)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Depot @ Jan 22 2010, 02:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1748518"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sky King[/i], he has no equal. The title character was Arizona rancher and aircraft pilot Schuyler (or Skyler) "Sky" King. Although it had strong cowboy show elements, King always captured criminals and even spies and found lost hikers using his plane.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I just watched The Sky Crawlers and let me tell you,

I wish I hadn't.
This discussion has been closed.