What to pre-order in the mean time... while waiting for NS2!

LigerioLigerio Join Date: 2009-12-30 Member: 69825Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Suggestions</div><i>I think it's positive to try something else while waiting and come back later to see how things are here then.
Despite if you like it or not, here are few of my suggestions.</i>

Maybe pre-order Mass Effect 2 (for more info check <a href="http://masseffect.bioware.com/" target="_blank">http://masseffect.bioware.com/</a> ) coming january 26, 2010 (in 5 days).
And there is Splinter Cell Conviction (for more info check <a href="http://splintercell.us.ubi.com/conviction/" target="_blank">http://splintercell.us.ubi.com/conviction/</a> ) coming april 1, 2010 (in only 69 days).

So do anyone else have any suggestions for games we could pre-order that will be here this month or in three months maybe.
Something that could take our minds off things.

(Of course those who are not into designing maps)...

Comments

• pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    Why don't you come back later..?
  • CattablissCattabliss Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66803Members
    edited January 2010
    <b>I need to learn some manners.</b>
  • PipiPipi Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69550Members
    For me it's the NS2 wait or the Elder scrolls V wait..

haha !
  • LigerioLigerio Join Date: 2009-12-30 Member: 69825Members
    edited January 2010
    What is negative about giving suggestions what you can do in the "waiting" time?

<b>Please try not to rise to others' flames.</b>
  • xposed-xposed- Join Date: 2007-09-23 Member: 62412Members, Constellation
    edited January 2010
  • pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    edited January 2010
    Obvious wrong choice of forum, and obvious digging at spark users and the delayed release makes obvious troll obvious.
  • InkInk Join Date: 2009-08-15 Member: 68499Members
    edited January 2010
  • LoeyLoey Join Date: 2009-10-31 Member: 69187Members
    the spark editor will keep me occupied to the game comes out, thanks for the suggestions though
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    This isn't directly related to NS2, so I'm going to move this to off-topic. I think it's a better fit there.

As for those of you that chose to respond in a less than polite manner: Grow up. There's nothing wrong with coming up with some ideas for something to do during the wait for NS2. It's certainly better than screaming at each other. The only thing I'd suggest is not limiting it to pre-orders. I'm sure there's plenty of extant games that can fill the time too.

I for one suggest another indie game, <i>Braid</i>.
  • SypherZSypherZ Join Date: 2003-09-07 Member: 20639Members, Constellation
    edited January 2010
    Well, there is

Alien Vs Predator, coming out early feb, and for me, i got a SC2 Beta key so i really hope that beta is out soon (dont flame me, deep inside i know that SC2 is a myth :P)

Also, try out Borderlands, i just finnished the game (and its DLCs, Dr. Neds Zombie Island & Mad Moxxis) with 2 friends in coop, its really fun!
  • Raven_XIRaven_XI Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12032Members, Constellation
    <b>I need to learn some manners. </b>

No but in all seriousness, I just pre ordered AvP3... Well at least my brother did as it was my birthday the other day.
  • LoeyLoey Join Date: 2009-10-31 Member: 69187Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1748367:date=Jan 21 2010, 07:29 PM:name=SypherZ)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SypherZ @ Jan 21 2010, 07:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1748367"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well, there is

Alien Vs Predator, coming out early feb, and for me, i got a SC2 Beta key so i really hope that beta is out soon (dont flame me, deep inside i know that SC2 is a myth :P)

Also, try out Borderlands, i just finnished the game (and its DLCs, Dr. Neds Zombie Island & Mad Moxxis) with 2 friends in coop, its really fun!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    where do you get the DLC from?
  • BadMouthBadMouth It ceases to be exclusive when you can have a custom member titl Join Date: 2004-05-21 Member: 28815Members
    It seems a lot of people here need to learn some manners lol.

Anyway, does splinter cell conviction have an absolute release date yet? Last i heard, it got pushed back and no official date given.

As for other game pre-orders, does it come with any "extras"? I'm interested in games like mass effect 2, bioshock 2 and splinter cell conviction but theres really nothing incentivising me to pre-order.

And I'm unsure as to whether conviction will be good enough. I didn't think double agent was as good as any of the other earlier games in the series.
  • SypherZSypherZ Join Date: 2003-09-07 Member: 20639Members, Constellation
    edited January 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1748371:date=Jan 21 2010, 11:02 AM:name=Loey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Loey @ Jan 21 2010, 11:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1748371"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->where do you get the DLC from?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Steam has them, and then i think you can get them directly over at gearbox site =)

found it on gearboxcity.com here =)
    <a href="https://store.gearboxsoftware.com/" target="_blank">https://store.gearboxsoftware.com/</a>
  • TesseractTesseract Join Date: 2007-06-21 Member: 61328Members, Constellation
    Hahahahaha, Insane really had to do a lot of moderating in this thread.

I finally picked up GTA4 in the Christmas sale, that's entertaining despite its age.
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    I picked up GTAIV too. Hardly had the time to play it, but it's been fun so far. The addition of decent physics makes doing stupid things that much more fun.
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    I actually finally saw GTAIV a few weekends ago at a friend's house, and am now kinda tempted to pick it up my self for the above mentioned reasons.
  • sherpasherpa stopcommandermode Join Date: 2006-11-04 Member: 58338Members
    I got a pre-order for AvP... That's about it!
  • PipiPipi Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69550Members
    Let's organize a Ping Pong tournament somewhere while we wait !
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    I haven't even gotten to start a run with my Dragon Ages copy.

I'm also going for Master of Europe in Empire Total War. Just squished most of Poland. Prussia is next.
  • Major HorriganMajor Horrigan Join Date: 2010-01-18 Member: 70203Members
    I second the AvP pre order .. should be an awesome game for everyone who likes NS

its like NS without a commander and F ing predators .. pure awesomeness .. at least I hope it will be :D
  • Draco_2kDraco_2k Evil Genius Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69546Members
    edited January 2010
    Global Agenda.

Team-based futuristic online shooter with RTS elements and emphasis on strategy, teamwork and twitch skills, developed by an Indie team and hailed as brilliant in every pre-review. You know, something closer to home. Oh, and there's an MMO in there somewhere.
  • ZiGGYZiGGY Join Date: 2003-01-19 Member: 12479Members
    edited January 2010
    why just buy a game, when they can suck you dry of $200 every ###### year too! :O
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1748620:date=Jan 22 2010, 01:36 PM:name=Draco_2k)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Draco_2k @ Jan 22 2010, 01:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1748620"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Oh, and there's an MMO in there somewhere.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

yeeeeah....

It's actually one of the most balanced shooters I've played in a long time too (yay beta access). They have a really good ear on the community and great vision for the game. Just still curious how the MMO section is gonna pan out, since that's the real meat of the game in my opinion. I've got plenty of other shooters already on my computer to keep me occupied.
    <!--quoteo(post=1748647:date=Jan 23 2010, 12:44 AM:name=spellman23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spellman23 @ Jan 23 2010, 12:44 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1748647"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's actually one of the most balanced shooters I've played in a long time too (yay beta access). They have a really good ear on the community and great vision for the game. Just still curious how the MMO section is gonna pan out, since that's the real meat of the game in my opinion. I've got plenty of other shooters already on my computer to keep me occupied.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I wish I could afford it right now, the game sounds like a mature gamer's equivalent of crack and weed peppered birthday cake from all I'm picking up.

The MMO part sounds incredibly solid judging by the pre-reviews so far. I believe the later Beta will test that as well, probably not too far from now either.
  • TemphageTemphage Join Date: 2009-10-28 Member: 69158Members
    *cough* <b><!--sizeo:6--><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Mechwarrior<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b>
  • SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1748620:date=Jan 22 2010, 02:36 PM:name=Draco_2k)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Draco_2k @ Jan 22 2010, 02:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1748620"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Global Agenda.

Team-based futuristic online shooter with RTS elements and emphasis on strategy, teamwork and twitch skills, developed by an Indie team and hailed as brilliant in every pre-review. You know, something closer to home. Oh, and there's an MMO in there somewhere.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I did preorder Global Agenda but I got it refunded over steam. The gameplay was great but the gamemodes/content were lacking. I barely felt like there was enough content to justify the $50 price tag, let alone when they split the content down the middle and make the other half available to those who only pay monthly subs. I enjoyed GA a lot, but when I compared it to the line up that will soon be released it became clear I would place GA on the backburner.

And that line up is...

Mass Effect 2
    Aliens vs Predator
    Starcraft 2
    Natural Selection 2
    Mechwarrior (this game may not release in 2010)
    edited January 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1748668:date=Jan 23 2010, 02:20 AM:name=SentrySteve)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SentrySteve @ Jan 23 2010, 02:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1748668"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The gameplay was great but the gamemodes/content were lacking.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It was a beta, wasn't it...

Well, not that I'd know. I didn't even know you could get refunds on Steam...
  • SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1748734:date=Jan 23 2010, 02:38 AM:name=Draco_2k)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Draco_2k @ Jan 23 2010, 02:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1748734"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It was a beta, wasn't it...

Well, not that I'd know. I didn't even know you could get refunds on Steam...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, it was a "beta" that was one/two weeks away from release. We were playing the finished game, basically.

I learned from Sherpa, on these forums, that you can get refunds for preordered games so long as it's before the game's launch date.
    <!--quoteo(post=1748758:date=Jan 23 2010, 04:58 PM:name=SentrySteve)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SentrySteve @ Jan 23 2010, 04:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1748758"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yeah, it was a "beta" that was one/two weeks away from release. We were playing the finished game, basically.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    To the best of my knowledge public Beta doesn't offer quarter the content or features of the full version. Well, at least that's what I remember them saying back from when I was on the list for the public one.

<!--quoteo(post=1748758:date=Jan 23 2010, 04:58 PM:name=SentrySteve)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SentrySteve @ Jan 23 2010, 04:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1748758"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I learned from Sherpa, on these forums, that you can get refunds for preordered games so long as it's before the game's launch date.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Groovy, thanks.