Another Nub question.

-Diesel--Diesel- Join Date: 2009-09-13 Member: 68769Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Labeled commander minimap?</div>So you know when you do the command cl_labelmaps 1 you get a labeled map with the names of all the areas in nice text when you push C as a marine?

How do you do the same thing as the commander? So when somebody says "I need HP at *blank*" I can find the area quickly.

Comments

• JazzXJazzX cl_labelmaps ∞ Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9285Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1747881:date=Jan 18 2010, 04:22 PM:name=-Diesel-)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-Diesel- @ Jan 18 2010, 04:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1747881"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So you know when you do the command cl_labelmaps 1 you get a labeled map with the names of all the areas in nice text when you push C as a marine?

How do you do the same thing as the commander? So when somebody says "I need HP at *blank*" I can find the area quickly.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The NS minimaps that we included don't have the Commander's version labeled so you'd need to find labeled versions or create them yourself. The minimaps are all 5-frame sprites, frames 1 to 4 are each one quadrant of the overall map that most players see. Frame #5 is the commander's version. Because of this you only have 1/4 of the space to work with, so you'll have to be very selective with what is labeled, and even then the text will have to be pretty small.

(Even if you push the map key while you are in the Command Chair the larger map that pops up is just the commander version magnified 4 times. We tried to have the Commander also display the "regular" player Minimap when it was blown up like this, but there was a technical limitation that prevented it from working.)