What is in your TF2 backpack?

Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT DeputyThe Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
edited January 2010 in Off-Topic
<a href="http://www.tf2items.com/id/Kouji_San" target="_blank">http://www.tf2items.com/id/Kouji_San</a> <- Just add your community page name

Comments

• ZiGGYZiGGY Join Date: 2003-01-19 Member: 12479Members
    <a href="http://www.tf2items.com/profiles/76561197964090297" target="_blank">http://www.tf2items.com/profiles/76561197964090297</a>
  • SvenpaSvenpa Wait, what? Join Date: 2004-01-03 Member: 25012Members, Constellation
    It seems I have to join a certain server to attain stats on the page or register.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, I saw that as well. Just joined one of the server and it updated to the most current one. Valve has screwed something up they say :P
  • frostymoosefrostymoose Join Date: 2003-09-12 Member: 20799Members
    <a href="http://www.tf2items.com/profiles/76561197963325707" target="_blank">http://www.tf2items.com/profiles/76561197963325707</a>
  • SvenpaSvenpa Wait, what? Join Date: 2004-01-03 Member: 25012Members, Constellation
    I only lack the gunboats, damn it, I want to fly around with rocket jumps. Oh and various hats ofc.

Anyone who does not use critaxe/icepick/KGB almost permanently?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2010
    Only my scout is on default mode, the scout unlockables are crap imho (bonk drink+sandman is only fun if you can get in and launch someone with the taunt :P) And i prefer the revolver over the ambassador. And I never use the backburner...
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    Nobody uses the backburner, not anymore.
    edited January 2010
    Ah yes, the revolver. Anytime I need a HS crit the regular one is more reliable with a random crit. Unless it is a nocrit server :/. Also better in spy vs spy duels. I just love how people completely stop dodging and take you for a free kill once your cover has been blown. 6 quick almost sniper like shots doing around 70 damage in close combat hurts.

You be dissin' bonk? It's very useful for distracting the entire team (really, everyone runs after you if you get past the front line), getting past sentries to CPs and a cheap alternative to tanking sentries without an uber to let the team deal with it behind you. Oh, also useful for not taking fire damage for the entire duration or escaping impossible fights aaand blocking careless demos/soldiers head on so they splash themselves to death.
  • CrispyCrispy Jaded GD Join Date: 2004-08-22 Member: 30793Members, Constellation
    A bunch of crap is in my backpack. I looked at the Crafting system for about a second before crying salty tears of despair.

@Svenpa:
    The Gunboats are awesome on certain maps when defending (Gravel Pit for a start). I don't know why anyone wouldn't use the Pick Axe, it can get you a last-ditch kill where you really shouldn't deserve one in most cases, or at the very least allow you to sprint for the nearest medpack.
    The crafting system is an exercise in futility. Why do they spend so much time implementing a system that 80% of the players will never be able to use for anything?
  • CrispyCrispy Jaded GD Join Date: 2004-08-22 Member: 30793Members, Constellation
    edited January 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1746170:date=Jan 7 2010, 10:09 PM:name=lolfighter)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lolfighter @ Jan 7 2010, 10:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1746170"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The crafting system is an exercise in futility. Why do they spend so much time implementing a system that 80% of the players will never be able to use for anything?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->The only plausible reason I can see for this is that it is half of an incomplete feature that would allow players to trade their backpack items, thereby making the crafting functionality valid.
    The last thing I need from the pubs are begging for items.
    edited January 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1746580:date=Jan 10 2010, 01:33 AM:name=Crispy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Crispy @ Jan 10 2010, 01:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1746580"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The only plausible reason I can see for this is that it is half of an incomplete feature that would allow players to trade their backpack items, thereby making the crafting functionality valid.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I dunno. Trading would PRESUMABLY be done 1:1. In order to get multiple items in return for your single item, you would need to trade something that is highly desirable, such as a hat (which I doubt many people will trade). Thus trading wouldn't substantially increase the amount of items in your inventory.

Do you know what I'd need to create an Eyelander? A melee slot token (that's four melee weapons), a demo class token (four demoman weapons) and a piece of scrap metal (three primary items or three secondary items or three melee items or three items from the same class). That's eleven items. I currently have three or four duplicates in my backpack. None of them are demoman items. One of them is a melee weapon I think.
    To say nothing of the recipe for making a single random hat. Needs three refined metal. One refined metal needs three reclaimed metal. One reclaimed metal needs three scrap metal. One scrap metal needs three items. Do the math with me: 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 = 81. 81 items. Know what making a class-specific hat requires? FOUR refined metal. And a slot token. So 4 x 3 x 3 x 3 + 4 = 112. 112 items.
  • X_StickmanX_Stickman Not good enough for a custom title. Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15533Members, Constellation
    edited January 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1746589:date=Jan 10 2010, 01:41 AM:name=lolfighter)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lolfighter @ Jan 10 2010, 01:41 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1746589"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I dunno. Trading would PRESUMABLY be done 1:1. In order to get multiple items in return for your single item, you would need to trade something that is highly desirable, such as a hat (which I doubt many people will trade). Thus trading wouldn't substantially increase the amount of items in your inventory.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You need specific weapons to craft stuff, though. You need three of the same weapon type to make scrap metal, for example. So presumably the trading system would make it easier for people who have two of everything to actually craft something, by trading, say, their extra KGB and an extra ubersaw for 2 axtinguishers, letting them finally get some damn scrap.

Also there's bound to be someone out there with like 5 of everything except the one weapon/hat they want, so they'd probably be willing to do a multiple items for one in return trade.
    edited January 2010
    You'll have to find that person first though. Next feature, an auction house? And that's assuming you HAVE the item he wants and are willing to part with it.

Edit: Supposedly, the drop rate works like this: Every 25 minutes, you have a 20% chance to get a (non-hat) item. This means that, on average, you will get one item for every <strike>100</strike> 125 minutes played. So assuming that you get exactly the items items you need (not, say, two flamethrowers and a baseball bat like Stickman pointed out), you will need to play for <strike>8100</strike> 10125 minutes to craft a single random hat. That's <strike>135</strike> 168.75 hours or <strike>5.6</strike> 7 days. A class-specific hat is <strike>186.7</strike> 233.3 hours.

Edit2: To compare, in the 2+ years since TF2 came out I have played just under 500 hours, meaning that if the crafting system had been out since day one and I had smelted down all my drops I would have had almost three random hats by now, or two class-specific ones. TWO YEARS.

Edit3: Numbers corrected. More math lessons for me.
    edited January 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1746582:date=Jan 10 2010, 02:43 AM:name=Svenpa)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Svenpa @ Jan 10 2010, 02:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1746582"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The last thing I need from the pubs are begging for items.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Haha, I can see it now.

"Hi friend, we're a website called TF2 gold. Do you want instant results and money, head on over to tf2gold.com to get your gold easy and fast"

and of course the dreaded

WTS hat of stamina
    WTB 4strength 4stam leather belt AAAAAH! HUUUR HUUUR!
    Enchanting your mats for free, my mats 10gold
  • griglagergriglager Join Date: 2010-01-25 Member: 70304Members
    <a href="http://www.tf2items.com/id/griglager" target="_blank">http://www.tf2items.com/id/griglager</a>

got a pretty aligned front page collection of hats, and a second page of leftovers :)
    So, how often do you play? All I've got is 1 hat at random and one from halloween and I've been playing quite frequently...
    edited January 2010
    What is in my backpack? Every <strike>item</strike> weapon except the buff banner and the rocket boots. And ten duplicates of various stuff that I can't even craft anything with. Stupid, ridiculous crafting system.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    :(

<a href="http://www.tf2items.com/id/TychoCelchuuu" target="_blank">http://www.tf2items.com/id/TychoCelchuuu</a>