NS on a new low-end laptop

DrummerDrummer Join Date: 2004-02-18 Member: 26654Members
ok, so i have a desktop that can push ns to 99-100 fps and hold it there, so i dont need that bleeding edge performance out of my new laptop, but currently, i can only manage 20ish and many times less, and that is quite unbearable for me.

my laptop has a 2.2ghz celeron, 3gb of ram, and an intel GMA 4500M chipset running windows 7. i know its not a gaming laptop by any means, but i can run guild wars at nearly the same settings as my desktop and it looks great.

i was wondering what measures i could take to improve my fps in ns, ive tried dropping the res down to 640x480 and 16bit color, but it didnt seem to improve performance too much. and i was thinking of low res models, but i have 3gb of ram, will that really improve anything? i dont care how crappy ns has to look, i just want a playable frame rate

Comments

• PipiPipi Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69550Members
    It could be the OS, cause i'm running 7 x64 and I just cannot play NS anymore, this thing doesn't handle openGL, neither D3D for some reasons.. and software has a huge delay response in the framerate.

What is your gfx card and make sure you have updated drivers.

But that shouldnt be a problem really, any nowadays low-end machine could fully run NS.. I tell ya windows 7 is pure crap
    some many glitches, even updated ! I'm going back to XP SP3 x86 so soon