ns dead 1?

vbsbbvbsbb Join Date: 2005-03-14 Member: 45319Members
is ns 1 for the hl 1 mod dead ? cause i cant seem to find any server

help please

Comments

• aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    It's not dead, as of this minute I count 124 servers active. They're are a few highly active servers that have a lot of players daily for classic. The game is doing pretty well for being 7 years old and an old half-life mod. A lot of people have been coming back since NS2 is looking at alpha\beta in the not to distant future.

This is all north american servers, it might be a different story overseas.
  • CoolCookieCooksCoolCookieCooks Pretty Girl Join Date: 2003-05-18 Member: 16446Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation
    Euro servers are pretty active too throughout each day.
  • SekerSeker Join Date: 2007-03-06 Member: 60259Members
    Wish we could get even more players ;(
  • PneumaticCrabPneumaticCrab Join Date: 2002-11-28 Member: 10133Members
    What is happening is the people you know are leave (and people coming in and replacing them). It is all because of age groups, people just starting sophomore year (grade 11) are not starting college and with this they have less time. Also girlfriends, wanting to do more in their studies also complicates it. People are loosing interest and people are gaining interests. It is just for people like most of us (1.04 vets and people that have been here from the start) do have obstacles at time that prevent us from playing as we would like.

I for one have had less playing time. Two years ago when I started to play I was in 9th grade and recently left the CAL-m scene because I felt my friend were more important. I was not a very book studying person (with leaving computer related things easy for me though) so my GPA idled around 80. As time moved on and I kept playing NS getting better and better the summer of 9th grade was coming up and I was in my "prime" where I joined cri (a veteran team at the time) and most of that summer was spent with NS/friends. 10th grade rolled around and I ended up playing more and more ns until about December in what I called "The beginning of the end" of me playing NS. I became a well known figure in the community not for skill though, because of my antics. I then started to go out with my girlfriend (and still am) in January in which I pretty much stopped playing NS. This of course was until I started a clan that did not last long but sure left a mark (with drama of course). By then I was playing ns about an hour a week and that was scrims. This was because I tried to move my GPA up more and started a college programming class that I got accepted into (which I finished with a 3.0 GPA being third in the class) and my girlfriend. Don't get me wrong, I still had a lot of interest in NS and did try and squeeze in whatever playing time I could and ended up getting my infamous "0-13" score with my connection dieing on me. Then I was approached by WiredLabs (and AmpedNews) Sypher to start and lead their Natural Selection division. This ended up being a big hit but slowly died after I left (and is not starting to come back again). Now, I play NS when I have the free time while having it squeezed in with helping my mother from time to time (who has about four disease including things that cause her to have seizures and is still diagnosed with chronic alcoholism so that doesn't help when she takes her medicine), girlfriend and school. Also including my passion for computer programming as I will have about one year of Computer Science done (9 out of 12 credits) and still on other free time learn PHP/Flash MX 2004 as a hobby. However, even though their is other things that I do I was here from the start of the community and will be with it till its untimely death.

This is just an example of one persons time restraints pushing him away from NS but yet, being him back now. This happens to many people and I am sure has happen to a few people in this Playtester group.
  • Skyforger2Skyforger2 Join Date: 2007-10-19 Member: 62681Members
    I am playing since i was 16. Now i am 23. Uhh a lot of happened. Changed homes changed country's girlfriends jobs etc. But ns comes with me all the time :) as long as i have PC and internet. I use to play like 8h a day now i just do some 1h after work. Call it addiction or lifestyle do no. :) and then comes ns2 and if it will be as popular as ns1 was after 7 years then i will play it with my son :)
  • SjNSjN Join Date: 2003-01-07 Member: 11983Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    uhh.. I've been around since I am 17. I am 24 now. I hate NS for being so addictive. There's not 1 game I played for that long.
  • -Diesel--Diesel- Join Date: 2009-09-13 Member: 68769Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1728379:date=Sep 22 2009, 12:14 PM:name=SjN)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SjN @ Sep 22 2009, 12:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1728379"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->uhh.. I've been around since I am 17. I am 24 now. I hate NS for being so addictive. There's not 1 game I played for that long.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You guys better move on to NS2.

Hehee
  • DrummerDrummer Join Date: 2004-02-18 Member: 26654Members
    its funny, i feel like one of "the old guys" around here sometimes, but im really not. ive only been around since the release of 3.0beta1, freshman year at college. lets see, flunked out of college after 2nd year cause i was bored with it. tried a community college, got bored with that too. hooked up with my gf 2+ years ago, thats where my time for ns finally started taking a hit. now that i think about it, im pretty sure i failed at college cause it couldnt hold my attention against ns. seems like the only thing that has been able to pull me away from ns in the 6 years ive been playing is my better half in the other room