[Easy Tutorial] Getting Custom Textures into the Spark Editor

2»

Comments

• MegahaloMegahalo Join Date: 2005-01-06 Member: 33009Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1741651:date=Nov 30 2009, 03:16 AM:name=yimmasabi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yimmasabi @ Nov 30 2009, 03:16 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1741651"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->A serious question !

Why should I have to write whole path as;
    "materials/(yourfoldername)/(yourfilenamehere).dds"

instead of writing
    "(yourfilenamehere).dds"
    where dds is near by material etc.

or within a directory where is in the directory of "*.material" file. And also we should able to use "//" or "../../" etc.

If i rename directory i should also edit all .material files. This is pointless.

All files should be included in a custom directory of creator and files so this should be arranged for this.

Otherwise there will be much more unknown file errors in .material files as seen some 3d objects in Spark.

Please make material files arranged for the custom directories. This directory may be on the desktop and can be used without any missing file errors.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm not sure if you need the full path, but I think that the Spark Editor requires it. Feel free to try making a material file without that full path and reporting what happens :)