Steam and Impulse Sales

spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
<div class="IPBDescription">last thread got borked</div>Steam and Impulse are doing pre-holiday sales.

Check them out. Insane deals for both. Also, Valve should be giving out different sales each day.

<a href="http://store.steampowered.com/early-holiday" target="_blank">http://store.steampowered.com/early-holiday</a>
<a href="http://www.impulsedriven.com/explore/onsale" target="_blank">http://www.impulsedriven.com/explore/onsale</a>

Enjoy!

Comments

• ObamanismObamanism Join Date: 2009-11-20 Member: 69442Banned
    <!--quoteo(post=1740363:date=Nov 26 2009, 05:58 AM:name=spellman23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(spellman23 @ Nov 26 2009, 05:58 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1740363"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Steam and Impulse are doing pre-holiday sales.

Check them out. Insane deals for both. Also, Valve should be giving out different sales each day.

<a href="http://store.steampowered.com/early-holiday" target="_blank">http://store.steampowered.com/early-holiday</a>
    <a href="http://www.impulsedriven.com/explore/onsale" target="_blank">http://www.impulsedriven.com/explore/onsale</a>

Enjoy!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Post some sale deals for Mac games, please.
  • TalesinTalesin Our own little well of hate Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7710NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators
    Been picking up a few of the Steam games myself; haven't seen too much on Impulse aside from Demigod and Scrapland that caught my interest.
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1740381:date=Nov 26 2009, 06:33 AM:name=Obamanism)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Obamanism @ Nov 26 2009, 06:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1740381"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Post some sale deals for Mac games, please.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The thread title is "Steam and Impulse Sales", not "Mac Sales".
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1740445:date=Nov 26 2009, 05:25 AM:name=Talesin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Talesin @ Nov 26 2009, 05:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1740445"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Been picking up a few of the Steam games myself; haven't seen too much on Impulse aside from Demigod and Scrapland that caught my interest.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Scrapland's probably not worth it, at least from the demo I played. GUN, Sword of the Stars, and RE5 are on sale on Impulse though.
  • BadMouthBadMouth It ceases to be exclusive when you can have a custom member titl Join Date: 2004-05-21 Member: 28815Members
    Does the deals for steam change everyday?
    There are new games each day but it looks like the old ones stick around.
  • esunaesuna Rock Bottom Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15175Members, Constellation
    no linux games useless thread
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18951Members
    I enjoyed and would recommend Gun, and Dragon Age (what a big discount for just a couple weeks after release).
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    L4D2 and KoToR went on sale today.

For Impulse, there's a pack that gets you both Supreme Commanders and Demigod. You have to hunt a little for it. I also have Impulse just for Sins of a Solor Empire which I play with a buddy of mine.
  • TalesinTalesin Our own little well of hate Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7710NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators
    KOTOR is a deal that no one should be passing up... $2.50 for an incredible game. L4D2 I'm happy with as I already preordered. Still not sure what's up with the baseball bat, far as that goes.
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    L4D2 released around a week ago. Today 25% off. I think <curseword> You Valve sums up my opinion on their immoral yet extremely lucrative and well thought out sales process.
    <!--quoteo(post=1741248:date=Nov 28 2009, 09:57 AM:name=Thaldarin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Thaldarin @ Nov 28 2009, 09:57 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1741248"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->L4D2 released around a week ago. Today 25% off. I think <curseword> You Valve sums up my opinion on their immoral yet extremely lucrative and well thought out sales process.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    How is that immoral?
  • esunaesuna Rock Bottom Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15175Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1741281:date=Nov 28 2009, 06:31 PM:name=TychoCelchuuu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TychoCelchuuu @ Nov 28 2009, 06:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1741281"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->How is that immoral?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

YOu just don't understand Valv€ == DEVIL
  • MonkfishMonkfish Sonic-boom-inducing buttcheeks of terrifying speed&#33; Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16972Members
    It's true, thald read it in the daily mail. How else is he going to form unbiased and fair opinions?
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    So logging on to steam and expressing my opinion of "<curseword> You Valve" on a forum means I'm a daily mail reader? Christ, ginger people are tools.
    I'm not ginger and I still don't understand how Valve is being immoral by dropping the price for Black Friday.
    well morality is subjective, but I assume he means it's cruel of them to gouge their die-hard fans full price on opening day and drop the price 25% a few days later. I agree that it's immoral, but so is most of economics so I don't really hold it against them.
    L4D2 was cheaper if you preordered, right? And you could also get it for cheaper in a 4 pack? That doesn't seem like they're gouging their die-hard fans, it sounds like they're giving them a way to buy it for less money and play it before it's even released because they got the demo earlier. EVERYTHING on Steam goes on sale during Christmas, so anyone who didn't see a L4D2 price drop coming was blind.
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1741438:date=Nov 29 2009, 07:03 AM:name=TychoCelchuuu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TychoCelchuuu @ Nov 29 2009, 07:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1741438"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->L4D2 was cheaper if you preordered, right? And you could also get it for cheaper in a 4 pack? That doesn't seem like they're gouging their die-hard fans, it sounds like they're giving them a way to buy it for less money and play it before it's even released because they got the demo earlier. EVERYTHING on Steam goes on sale during Christmas, so anyone who didn't see a L4D2 price drop coming was blind.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you pre-ordered a 4-pack, it was $34.
    Deal change. Current cream of the crop are:

$2.50 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition (even if you still have the original.. and if you haven't played it, you NEED to.)
    $2.50 - Evil Genius (Build an evil lair, execute secret agents, perfect excuse for maniacal laughter)

$9.99 - Chronicles of Rid######: Assault on Dark Athena (includes a remake of Butcher Bay)
    $5 - Mirror's Edge (crap game, but at five bucks it might be worthwhile).

Otherwise, pretty damn stale. Especially for me as I already owned the first two.
  • BadMouthBadMouth It ceases to be exclusive when you can have a custom member titl Join Date: 2004-05-21 Member: 28815Members
    When does the sales end? I still haven't found anything to my liking and cheap enough.
    Mirror's Edge is not a crap game. It's beautiful, different, and in a lot of ways pretty awesome. For $5 it's not a bad idea. Dark Athena is a steal at that price too. Monkey Island is totally worth it and Evil Genius is fun but not a necessary purchase.
    Man, I've been quietly qqing over not having anything to play, and now with all these bargains on good games, I have too much...
    I'd disagree on Mirror's Edge. It may be pretty, and they made a good demo, but the actual game just... stops being fun. Fast. Five bucks is the only reason I considered it a decent deal, as it might be worth that... but not the release-day price.

Evil Genius is a must-buy IMO, just for the ability to set up a hero cyclotron... fan traps linked to other fan traps that slam in a long, twisty circuit that bludgeon heroes to death by slamming them into the walls of your evil lair over and over, before ejecting the mangled body onto the beach as a warning for others? Priceless. Not to mention the fan traps, auto-execution holding cells, and frustration of having three Super Agents running rampant in your base with no way to just kill them until you discover their weakness.
  • DOOManiacDOOManiac Worst. Critic. Ever. Join Date: 2002-04-17 Member: 462Members, NS1 Playtester
    I had fun w/ Mirror's Edge all the way through. I thought it was well worth the $20 I spent, so $5 is a steal.
    edited November 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1741756:date=Nov 30 2009, 12:57 PM:name=BadMouth)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BadMouth @ Nov 30 2009, 12:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1741756"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->When does the sales end? I still haven't found anything to my liking and cheap enough.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Today is the last day for this series or sales. It ends 8am PST.

Typically Valve will put EVERYTHING on sale after Christmas.

<!--quoteo(post=1741772:date=Nov 30 2009, 02:10 PM:name=Talesin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Talesin @ Nov 30 2009, 02:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1741772"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Evil Genius is a must-buy IMO, just for the ability to set up a hero cyclotron... fan traps linked to other fan traps that slam in a long, twisty circuit that bludgeon heroes to death by slamming them into the walls of your evil lair over and over, before ejecting the mangled body onto the beach as a warning for others? Priceless. Not to mention the fan traps, auto-execution holding cells, and frustration of having three Super Agents running rampant in your base with no way to just kill them until you discover their weakness.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I was kinda bummed out that the island isn't procedurally generated. It kinda killed the replay value. However, doing your "Evil Walk" to bring up morale/loyalty never gets old, nor are some of the awesome ways to interrogate people.
    Official steam sale is over, but Zeno Clash is 66% off today. I definitely recommend it at that price point. Not the longest game in the world, but incredibly unique art and fighting system.
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    So, D2D has a new sale up, one deal a day, for 24 days.

<a href="http://www.direct2drive.com/holiday/" target="_blank">Link</a>

First one is Mirrors Edge for $5 :P
    edited December 2009
    Moar sales!

STALKER for 2 bucks... Braid for $2.50... KotOR for $5... 7 King's Quest games for $5... etc
    whoops, and I just made yet another thread about it! =p