Windows 7 support?

GKFCGKFC Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6542Members
edited October 2009 in NS2 General Discussion
Hi guys,

Game is looking great.

Just curious about one thing though. Given that the game's timeline has slipped so much, are you going to add Windows 7 support as well? It's rapidly approaching.

Cheers,

G.

Comments

• demonxdemonx Join Date: 2004-03-18 Member: 27414Members
    I don't see why it wouldn't support Windows 7. Anything that works in Vista should work in Windows 7 anyways.
  • WhiteZeroWhiteZero That Guy Join Date: 2004-06-24 Member: 29511Members, Constellation
    Silliest question of the day. :D
  • LokeLoke Join Date: 2003-02-25 Member: 13988Members
    edited October 2009
    From the official <a href="http://www.naturalselection2.com/buy" target="_blank">NS2 site.</a>

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->System Requirements:

1.2 GHz Processor, 256MB RAM, a DirectX 9 level graphics card, <b>Windows Vista</b>/2000/XP, mouse, keyboard and an internet connection.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I.e. if it works in Vista it will work with Windows 7 as well.

EDIT: So slow... well, that's what happens when you're in hibernation for months. Bah, back into my cave finally...
  • MormyMormy Join Date: 2009-10-28 Member: 69155Members
    edited October 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1734806:date=Oct 31 2009, 01:08 AM:name=GKFC)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GKFC @ Oct 31 2009, 01:08 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1734806"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi guys,

Game is looking great.

Just curious about one thing though. Given that the game's timeline has slipped so much, are you going to add Windows 7 support as well? It's rapidly approaching.

Cheers,

G.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    im a computer tech windows 7 is a xp system deep down with in its coding. but with all the new features vista had .. due to the fact vista had millions of problems and its why not driver and defender problems thats why they are using a more complex xp coding
    window 7 is the way to go
  • HebachebaHebacheba Join Date: 2009-06-19 Member: 67872Members
    I hate to result to what probably seems like blatant insulting, but I didn't understand a word you said, Mormy. Could you clean up your grammar a little bit?
  • JAmazonJAmazon Join Date: 2009-02-21 Member: 66503Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1734874:date=Oct 31 2009, 04:24 AM:name=Hebacheba)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hebacheba @ Oct 31 2009, 04:24 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1734874"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I hate to result to what probably seems like blatant insulting, but I didn't understand a word you said, Mormy. Could you clean up your grammar a little bit?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I had to stifle myself before from making the same exact post. Mormy, L2T (lurn 2 type). I feel like you have some useful info to add to the conversation, but no one can decipher your chicken scratch :P
  • Invader_ScootInvader_Scoot Join Date: 2003-10-13 Member: 21669Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Windows 7 is actually a Vista system deep down, as it shares both Vista's compatibility model and driver model, but that's a different topic.

I have been running Windows 7 x64 RTM (Release-to-Manufacturing) for a while now and have experienced absolutely zero problems with anything Steam related. All Half-Life 1 based products as well as any Source based games have worked absolutely flawlessly. I'm sure any future products will be of course designed to work well with the latest Windows version.
  • SirotSirot Join Date: 2006-12-03 Member: 58851Members
    Windows 7 is all kinds of wonderful.
  • PhlashPhlash Join Date: 2008-02-18 Member: 63674Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1734870:date=Oct 31 2009, 12:05 AM:name=Mormy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mormy @ Oct 31 2009, 12:05 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1734870"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><b>im a computer tech windows 7 is a xp system deep down with in its coding. but with all the new features vista had ..</b> due to the fact vista had millions of problems and its why not driver and defender problems thats why they are using a more complex xp coding
    window 7 is the way to go<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    :|

It has the same kernel as Vista. Not XP. It's basically Vista except MS took the time to crush a ton of bugs and made it much more optimized.
  • MindmeldmeMindmeldme The Evil One Join Date: 2002-10-27 Member: 1637Members
    I am actually very happy to hear all the good news and reviews on windows 7. I talked to a buddy of mine a couple months back and we got to talking about windows vista and 7. Anyone remember windows ME? He said Windows Vista is like Windows ME and windows 7 is like windows XP. Heck of a difference. My only real question would be on 64 bit support. That and quad core optimization. I don't think they are to worried though about making it rock solid 64 bit multi core etc. However it comes out I have no fear it will rock. Besides, at least now the OS is out so they have time to use it and test it and verify compatibility. Would be a lot harder if they were going to release last year before it was out to test in Beta.
  • slushslush Join Date: 2009-10-31 Member: 69196Members
    Keep in mind whether it *works* is different from whether it is *supported*. The latter means developers are committed to ironing out any bugs for that platform.