windows 7 and NS

FlamegxFlamegx Join Date: 2009-10-23 Member: 69123Members
I downloaded steam and half life fine and they work. I just installed NS and for some reason its not showing up on steam and i cant find in the program files anywhere to start it. Any suggestions?

Comments

• corpsmancorpsman Join Date: 2004-04-17 Member: 27979Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2009
    I remember when everyone went out and bought Vista first day, then the forums for every game on the PC was full of "how do I get this to run with vista" posts...

I thought that 7 came with some sort of XP mode. Maybe if you switch it will work? I don't know anything about 7 other then all of the reviews (on websites full of advertisers), but I keep reading that people who use XP mode are able to get most of their programs to work, including games made during XP and 98SE. If that doesn't work maybe try the MS forums? Maybe some guy tinkering around found out that by turning off Aero, or maybe doing something with recovery it made games work. Sometimes there is some funky thing you can do to get things running. Also, try the Steam support forums! They were perfect when I couldn't get L4D to run without changing my res (twice before every game, ugh).

The only other plce I have been reading throught at work is sevenforums.com Maybe you can find some guidance there too?
  • FlamegxFlamegx Join Date: 2009-10-23 Member: 69123Members
    i figured it out, i just had to save it differently