Vacation plan - Orland, NYC

DrSuredeathDrSuredeath Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8217Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Sup...</div>Hey folks, long time no posts, very long.

So, anyway, I got two weeks of vacations to be spent before the end of the year. So I decided to go with my sister this October to Orlando for Universal and Disney World.
But she will only be with me for the first week, then I'm alone... I figure I'll ride Amtrak back to New York City and stop along the way a night or two here and there. Is there anything of interest between NYC and Orlando except Washington DC (been there already).

Comments

• spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    Could do a Civil War/Early American History battlefield visit along the way. I did a week long tour that started in Virginia and went up to NY, visiting all the major hotspots. Best if you get people who are war buffs and can tell the stories instead of you looking around going "gee, this is a nice field".
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    Atlanta's a cool city(I assume it would be along the path you're taking). I recommend the Coca-Cola factory.
  • DrSuredeathDrSuredeath Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8217Members
    edited September 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1729583:date=Sep 29 2009, 10:24 AM:name=locallyunscene)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locallyunscene @ Sep 29 2009, 10:24 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1729583"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Atlanta's a cool city(I assume it would be along the path you're taking). I recommend the Coca-Cola factory.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Atlanta sounds promising, but it's a detour from Amtrak route
    <a href="http://tickets.amtrak.com/secure/content/atlas/index.html" target="_blank">http://tickets.amtrak.com/secure/content/atlas/index.html</a>

But no matter, I may go with budget airline if no other alternatives.
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18951Members
    Philadelphia should be another good choice - plenty of museums and history to see here. But if you're just a couple hours away in NY, maybe you've seen Philly already...
  • DrSuredeathDrSuredeath Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8217Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1729659:date=Sep 29 2009, 06:19 PM:name=DiscoZombie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DiscoZombie @ Sep 29 2009, 06:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1729659"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Philadelphia should be another good choice - plenty of museums and history to see here. But if you're just a couple hours away in NY, maybe you've seen Philly already...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I went pass Philly a couple of time on my way to Atlantic city, but never actually "go" there. Hm.. Checked. Looks like Atlanta ->Baltimore ->Philadelphia, time to book hotels.