Installing for mutiple accounts.

GamerHeavenGamerHeaven Join Date: 2009-09-12 Member: 68761Members
Hi,
Is there a way I can get NS installed for multiple accounts? The installer wants to put the game in the "//steamapps/ACCOUNT/Half-Life..." etc. but as there can be a large number of accounts used on a given PC where I am (up to 20) installing it 20 times on each PC required seems a bit drastic.
I have tried installing it into "//steamapps/common/" and into "//steamapps/TTracker_Common" but the game will then not appear on the Steam games list.

Anyone know of anything to help?
Thanks.

Comments

• ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    20 accounts? Why would you have that many on one PC if I may ask?
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    edited September 2009
    yah, gotta admit that seems kinda strange...

do those 20 accounts all own a copy of HL?

Any way, my thought of how to do it would be a Symlink. a Quick google says that you can make Symlinks in Vista. but if you are running 2K or XP you would want a "<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS_junction_point" target="_blank">junction point</a>". The downside is that everyone will share the same config file.

But seriously:
    Explain your situation.

Actually:
    If you have 20 accounts with 20 copies of HL installed, I doubt you care about HDD space. Just copy and paste the damn ns folder.