SERVER ADMINS - tools - reserved slots - and more

GISPGISP Battle GorgeDenmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
Will there be a easy to use ingame panel for the server admins to use?
What i want in such a tool is but not limited to:
Map change.
Map votes. ( by the end of each map a vote for the next map pops up )
Custom votes.
Option to send a message to a single player. ( give a verbal warning to him/her for violating server rules )
Kick a player from the server.
Ban a player ( ban_name/ID_time )
Admin chat ( like the amx_chat works now )
Serverwide message ( big glowing message apeers on everyones screens )
Abillityes to force people to a team. ( send_name_team1/team2/readyroom - random all )
And many more...

A default crashgame startup map ( a small readyroom like map where a map vote will pop after a minut or so )

Ingame management of VIP status:
Set reserved slots / rights / timespand.

Stats.

Comments

• TesseractTesseract Join Date: 2007-06-21 Member: 61328Members, Constellation
    If they aren't included by default I'm sure a bunch of the community coders could throw something together for you - one of the joys of a language like Lua is that this is possible. Since NS is including Flash for the CommChair menus this could lead to some pretty swish in-game admin panels... or lead to some very annoying in-game admin panel issues. :P
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    It would be cool if they could code some of these directly into the game, or work with some of the makers of these plugins to get a good version ready to go for beta.
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    I believe they mentioned (honestly can't remember where, but I would guess twitter) that they were not planing on putting in really extensive admin tools at launch.

however as tessers said, if they don't some one (well, likely multiple some ones) will. I know devicenull was talking about making one.
  • PhlashPhlash Join Date: 2008-02-18 Member: 63674Members, Constellation
    I'd certainly be down for making some tools for NS2. I also am planning on making some fun things too, such as maybe a fun weapon or two (I would think a rocket launcher might be some interesting!).
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    And a updated request...
    Ingame menu to create and edit admin listings, and server rules.
    commands like
    /admin ( shows server admins and if thers any online )
    /rules ( shows the server rules )
    Both beeing editable by headadmins ingame ofcouse. Along whit the ability to change peoples status to/from admin and there restrictions and reserved slots ;D
  • noncomposmentisnoncomposmentis Join Date: 2004-11-13 Member: 32773Members
    This type of request is exactly what good modding support is for. I'd rather they focused on the modding tools and the game and let someone smart (maybe you?!) in the community whip up a nice admin plugin, which is what you're asking for.