Please make the Cancel and Recycle buttons different by default!

rook2pawnrook2pawn Join Date: 2008-07-03 Member: 64552Members
<div class="IPBDescription">and other requests of mine</div>The cancel operation is 'v' and the recycle is also 'v'... They simply should not be hte same button IMO. i would love to hear arguments for and against this idea.

well i had other pet peeves, but none that are as straightforward as this so ill just present that.

Comments

• Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    I agree completely.

There have been numerous times when I accidentally double-tapped the v key, or tapped it when I didn't mean to -- recycling my structure.
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    Yes.

That is all that needs to be said.
  • Tom HoenTom Hoen Join Date: 2009-07-02 Member: 68004Members
    Kinda off-topic:

Yesterday I playd on server where in the middle of the battle commander yells: 'Oh, I just realized that I had bind my voice key to same as recycle.'

Back to topic:

I have never been commander. I'm just blah blah here.
  • commofdoomcommofdoom Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58205Members
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    im comming quite often, in the beginning I also made such mistakes (canceling upgrade and accidentally recycling as well) but today it never happens unless im not completely drunken when playing (yes it happens :) ) or not really concentrating. but it would be anyway nice if that could be completely avoided by making these actions bound on 2 different buttons.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members