We are a FAMILY!

CoolKakashiCoolKakashi Join Date: 2009-07-07 Member: 68071Members
Hey guy! I read often the Twitter from NS 2 and the Forum Posts on this Forum, and iam so happy about NS 2! And i know that Unknown Worlds isnt as big as other Game Producer but i like small Producer! ;) How we talk here together find some things better then other or not so good and how the team from NS 2 discuss with us! ;) Like it. I think we can say that we are a funny family! xD I think we can discuss with the developer and its not a big projekt but we like it and its not only for money making!^^
We want to make NS2 so good as we can and be happy when its done! :P I love you all and like to talk with you! The Developer tell us some interresting things and we are be happy and talk about that!
Its better then other Forums where all people are flaming or crying how bad all is and that all loser!^^

So this would be all i can say about that! Like you Guys, like the Developer, like this Game, like just all! :D

greetz CoolKakashi!

PS.: Sry for my bad english! ;) Iam german, and cant speak very good english! :P

Comments

• JAmazonJAmazon Join Date: 2009-02-21 Member: 66503Members
    well if were a family i want to be the bitter and dirty minded grandpa!
  • TheMatrixTheMatrix Join Date: 2008-11-02 Member: 65358Members
    then i want to be the grown up son that never listen and always do as he want's too
  • ScribblesScribbles Join Date: 2003-11-05 Member: 22323Members
    I want to be the family pet goldfish.
  • DelphicDelphic Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58262Members
    Can I be the house cat?
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    edited July 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1717865:date=Jul 18 2009, 12:16 PM:name=CoolKakashi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CoolKakashi @ Jul 18 2009, 12:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1717865"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think we can discuss with the developer and its not a big projekt but we like it and its not only for money making!^^<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Its really good to see that there are actually some developers that are making a game for the love of it, they want the game to be good not just appeal to the widest possible audience to make the most money.

Its kind of ironic but i think that's why piracy is so rampant these days - bad developers making games to suit the entire family so that they can make the most money in one hit, yet then this leaves the game awfully flat and short so people don't feel the need to pay for it since its a play and throw away game - just like fast food!

i know its important the make the game accessible so that it doesnt turn into a simulator, doing open playtests and dumbing down for grandma is just dumb. - the game will suck, grandmas and 12-35 y.o. males like vastly different things.

i think if you make the best possible game to appeal to your key audience then you have yourself a winner, especially if the gameplay is lasting, i willing to bet the game will get large larger amount of sales of a long period of time.
    Absolutely agreed. I cant remember the last time I threw down my money on an EA craptacular shovelware title. But when Valve, Blizzard, or now UWE release a new game I gladly fork over for the product, because I actually respect those companies. Gaining the consumers respect is the BEST way to combat piracy.
  • senor_hybridosenor_hybrido Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67687Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1717963:date=Jul 19 2009, 05:56 AM:name=schkorpio)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (schkorpio @ Jul 19 2009, 05:56 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1717963"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Its kind of ironic but i think that's why piracy is so rampant these days - bad developers making games to suit the entire family so that they can make the most money in one hit, yet then this leaves the game awfully flat and short so people don't feel the need to pay for it since its a play and throw away game - just like fast food!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That is exactly how I feel about piracy! There are so many bad games out there these days that look really fantastic in the trailers but turn out to be crap after an hour of playing! I'm not going to mention which, though I'm sure every gamer here can come up with several names if they think about it.

I also agree that NS1 is a great anti-piracy measure for NS2. In fact, the possibility of NS2 being pirated didn't even cross my mind till someone made a thread on it.
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1717989:date=Jul 18 2009, 06:07 PM:name=JAmazon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JAmazon @ Jul 18 2009, 06:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1717989"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Absolutely agreed. I cant remember the last time I threw down my money on an EA craptacular shovelware title. But when Valve, Blizzard, or now UWE release a new game I gladly fork over for the product, because I actually respect those companies. Gaining the consumers respect is the BEST way to combat piracy.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Valve? cmon they only make good engines not good games :P

For example i cannot remember the last time i fired up hl2 just to play hl2 or hl2 deathmatch... and while i own cs:source + day of defeat... i never play those either (my brother does though... he says he likes playing on the zombie servers for cs:source... which i find funny... but it actually proves my point)...

That point being... it is the custom mods / content that people like... mods like zombie master and insurgency and (well i used to play empires which is in fact a rip on natural selection if you can believe that... you have to build rts in that mod... its a rts + fps... and theirs a commander in a command vehicle... funny game with really really crappy sniper support sums up that mod... it has a cool jeep which makes it slightly bearable to play)... eternal silence is boring... o and hey natural selection is fun lol... mods... all free high quality mods.

Ahh and yes garrysmod is also cool... a mod that now costs money but still cool, but actually it's a semi crappy lua nightmare of ram usage but it's cool to play the sub mods that the random servers run...

sven coop is also cool...

Games i don't own or plan on owning:

left 4 dead

team fortress whatever it's called.

maybe i'll get left 4 dead 2 xD

So ya their games suck... the engines are cool... and ya i know l4d wasn't exactly made by valve but uses some of their engine or something...
    I'll be the weapon/zombie-survival/hunter expert that checks his tools in search of any speck of rust... WHO TOUCHED MY GUN!11111!!!!!!
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    I never knew I had so many uncool brothers.
  • PrivatePrivate Join Date: 2007-06-10 Member: 61204Members, Constellation
    I'll be the hot teenage daughter then... mmmmmmmm.

(Yay for +1 post count!)

I'd like to add that I actively search out your posts FocusedWolf, reading them with a broad smile on my face. I've read every single one of the little gold nuggets.
  • steppin'razorsteppin'razor Join Date: 2008-09-18 Member: 65033Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1718044:date=Jul 19 2009, 03:33 PM:name=FocusedWolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FocusedWolf @ Jul 19 2009, 03:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1718044"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So ya their games suck... the engines are cool... and ya i know l4d wasn't exactly made by valve but uses some of their engine or something...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Just throwing it out there, on metacritic's PC games all timer list (weighted average of critic grades) valve has 3/4 top positions

All-Time High Scores
    1 Half-Life 2 96
    2 Out of the Park Baseball 2007 96
    3 Orange Box, The 96
    4 Half-Life 96
    5 BioShock
    Wow man. Way to hate on valve. Its completely subjective. I loved HL1, first fps I ever played and got me hooked for life, still play through it sometimes just for nostalgia. I loved HL2, ep1, and ep2. played them through several times. I loved TF2, still play it on and off religiously just like NS1 (although NS1 >). I loved portal, short but hell of a good play. I love L4D, me and my roommate LANed this for like 5 hours a day for 2 months straight, and I'm still itching to smack some more zombies. Valve has proven to me that they make games that 'I' enjoy, so i have no problem throwin down Gs on something new they release if it looks interesting to me.
  • sicbudsicbud Join Date: 2009-07-08 Member: 68083Members
    edited July 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1718044:date=Jul 18 2009, 10:33 PM:name=FocusedWolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FocusedWolf @ Jul 18 2009, 10:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1718044"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Valve? cmon they only make good engines not good games :P

For example i cannot remember the last time i fired up hl2 just to play hl2 or hl2 deathmatch... and while i own cs:source + day of defeat... i never play those either (my brother does though... he says he likes playing on the zombie servers for cs:source... which i find funny... but it actually proves my point)...

That point being... it is the custom mods / content that people like... mods like zombie master and insurgency and (well i used to play empires which is in fact a rip on natural selection if you can believe that... you have to build rts in that mod... its a rts + fps... and theirs a commander in a command vehicle... funny game with really really crappy sniper support sums up that mod... it has a cool jeep which makes it slightly bearable to play)... eternal silence is boring... o and hey natural selection is fun lol... mods... all free high quality mods.

Ahh and yes garrysmod is also cool... a mod that now costs money but still cool, but actually it's a semi crappy lua nightmare of ram usage but it's cool to play the sub mods that the random servers run...

sven coop is also cool...

Games i don't own or plan on owning:

left 4 dead

team fortress whatever it's called.

maybe i'll get left 4 dead 2 xD

So ya their games suck... the engines are cool... and ya i know l4d wasn't exactly made by valve but uses some of their engine or something...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's your opinion, which is fine, but thousands of people would disagree with you. Valve make great engines and great games. TF2 is still one of the most populated multiplayer games out there so is L4D. I don't like TF2, but I can still recognize that it's a good game.

Get over yourself.
  • StinkyStinky Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63182Members
    I will be an irresponsible and cocaine-addicted uncle.

I will pop in on random threads in the server, asking for money.
    <!--quoteo(post=1718113:date=Jul 19 2009, 11:38 AM:name=Stinky)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stinky @ Jul 19 2009, 11:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1718113"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I will be an irresponsible and cocaine-addicted uncle.

I will pop in on random threads in the server, asking for money.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You should add a paypal donate link to your signature :P
  • General_WarhammerGeneral_Warhammer Join Date: 2009-02-14 Member: 66414Members
    I will be the hunchbacked and snotnosed little boy who wants to eat your brainzz. . . .
  • KassingerKassinger Shades of grey Join Date: 2002-02-20 Member: 229Members, Constellation
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Moving this to OT. It's getting kinda silly and not really NS2 related :P
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    OH OH! Can I be the pet mouse that has plans for world domination? I need an accomplice though!

Also isn't any rating, with a large or small audience, personal preference :P
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    What are we doing tomorrow night, Kouji?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    The same thing we do every night, lolfighter. Try to take over the world. *dadadum*
  • GeminosityGeminosity :3 Join Date: 2003-09-08 Member: 20667Members
    I think I've already got the position of the family cat :p
  • TesseractTesseract Join Date: 2007-06-21 Member: 61328Members, Constellation
    I think you mean ":3"
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1718438:date=Jul 21 2009, 11:04 AM:name=lolfighter)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lolfighter @ Jul 21 2009, 11:04 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1718438"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What are we doing tomorrow night, Kouji?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No fair, you're all ready the crazy headmaster that pops into peoples' rooms ... in France.
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    I'm the crazy headmaster? Do enlighten me.
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    heh. It is pretty sweet that these devs are pretty open, supporting, and responsible and the community moreorless gets along.

Whereas in say empires the devs keep cycling and leaving the community in the dark as they squabble.

Or EA where the devs outright ignore people and hide in their cubicles making cheap cocaine.

As far as family roles... I guess I'd have to be the post-college kid that drops in every once in a while for free food and to show off awesome stuff that has happened.
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    edited July 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1718496:date=Jul 21 2009, 04:32 PM:name=lolfighter)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lolfighter @ Jul 21 2009, 04:32 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1718496"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm the crazy headmaster? Do enlighten me.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I thought that was your custom title or signature or something? Maybe I just hit my head.