spike trap

rhgunmastarhgunmasta Join Date: 2007-12-26 Member: 63262Members
Perhaps having a small sack the gorge can drop quickly, extending out a series of pins, similar to a porcupine, when stepped on by a marine, and the ability for the structure to cloak when in range of a sensory chamber, rendering the marines speed cut down along with some of his health.

Comments

• BadMouthBadMouth It ceases to be exclusive when you can have a custom member titl Join Date: 2004-05-21 Member: 28815Members
    And this would be at what cost to the gorge? HP? Res? Energy? How many can he drop?
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Join Date: 2008-06-17 Member: 64467Members
    I can see the spamming already.
  • JimydJimyd Join Date: 2003-02-08 Member: 13289Members
    edited June 2009
    This is a pretty good idea, since it is like the Spore Mines from NS1.

Make them cost 5/10 resource, cut Marine run speed by 50%(so basically walking speed) for 30(can be balanced) seconds, and have a small amount of HP/AP(like 50/50).

Spore Mines 5/10 resource, activated when shot or close proximity, and when activated they create a spore+umbra cloud on the same spot (since I heard they are combining the abilities for the Lerk). Same HP/AP as Spike Mines.

Also if they are killed by the flamethrower, they die without activating.

If textured properly, they could blend into Dynamic Infestation. =)

Guys/Gals remember, Gorges will not be dropping chambers anymore (at least that is the latest word I know of). So they need more abilities to make them useful.
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    Doesn't seem like as much a benefit as it would an overcomplexity to gameplay.

imo
  • BadMouthBadMouth It ceases to be exclusive when you can have a custom member titl Join Date: 2004-05-21 Member: 28815Members
    It would be okay if gorges don't drop chambers anymore. Since I don't see what other things gorge can do with res.
  • RadagastRadagast Join Date: 2003-06-29 Member: 17776Members, Constellation
    Aliens do need something like Marine Grenades, a one (2) per life ability. But Khaara gameplay is much different.
  • HawkeyeHawkeye Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1855Members
    <a href="http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Spike_Trap" target="_blank">http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Spike_Trap</a>

Guild Wars, anybody?
  • Wyattx3Wyattx3 Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18386Members
    I don't think the spike trap as it was suggested would be fairly useful, especially if it takes an entire weapon slot.

But I do love brainstorming about all the different possible traps a gorge could use.

You could have spores/snares/slime/spikes

â—‹Spores could be traps, when in range they emite Lerk-like spore, damaging and reducing armor, or they could emit a constant spore-haze that permeates a room/hallway hiding the source at the same time.
    - Uses: Place in vents and hallways/paths to critical areas, weakening the marines before they enter.

â—‹Snare like traps, (although are not fun to get into, are worth trying) Webs for example are one, could also be DI-like infestation tentacles wrap a marine, and take another marine to release.... Kind of like the Smoker in L4D.
    -Uses: Stops solo marines from accomplishing anything when placed is important areas, can be used early on to help skulks ambush marines. Or give warnings to incoming attacks.

â—‹Slimes when walked in range/over/whatever could explode and blind marines/make their weapons unusable.
    -Uses: Place in a hallway or outside the hive, have some aliens wait in ambush... when they here the spore pop, all the aliens could rush in and kill the marines who got blinded.

â—‹Spikes placed under DI. Lighter aliens just walk over, but the heavy marines sink and impale their feet, causing minor armor and health damage with each step
    -Uses: Weaken marines as they walk through hallways.

Gorge would be alot more interesting with lots of toys.
  • S!KS!K Join Date: 2009-07-03 Member: 68024Members
    gorge poop. terrible idea.