Armory budget

MamonarMamonar Join Date: 2009-05-10 Member: 67381Members
<div class="IPBDescription">players could buy their own equipment</div>The commander could be able to create a budget for the armory by placing a certain number of resources that can be used by soldiers to purchase what they need.
To prevent abuse, the commander would be able to set a limit on how much a single soldier can buy in one respawn.

Comments

• AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    This is already in.
  • ryknow69ryknow69 Join Date: 2008-03-24 Member: 63952Members
  • Wyattx3Wyattx3 Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18386Members
    I am really against the armory buying. When your marines spawn do you really want them going to the armory every time to get their weapons. Or if you are a marine, everytime you die, do you really want to have to 'purchase' 2-3 slots of weapons.

Here's an alternate Idea.

When you die, a UI pops up and it gives you a selection of all the available weapons with a spawn timer in the corner.

So for example a series of pictures of the following.

Primary: [LMG] [Shotgun] [HMG] [GL]

Attachments: [Flash Light] [Grenade] [Flame Thrower]

Equipment: [Heavy Armor] [Jetpack]

Explosives: [Mine] [Grenade]
    as you are spawning you just click on the desired icon to set your payload, and when the spawn timer reaches 0, a "Deploy" button lights up and you enter the field of combat.

Zero time wasted (Unless you need longer than 3-12 seconds to choose your weapons. And if you do not want to change your setup, it saves it each game and you will just respawn with your current payload each time.
    No, the armory setup is A:Already in, and B:Gives reality(yes yes, gameplay over realism) and C:You start with a damn LMG, pistol, the basics, so naa, idt it'll take long, Hotkeys scratch off 10 secs off the 11 secs of buying.
  • Wyattx3Wyattx3 Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18386Members
    Just because its 'already in' (news to me) doesn't mean we can't have something better.

Do you honestly want to run up to the armory everytime to:

A) Buy weapons ( In your case make hotkeys for every weapon possible, terrible solution )

B) Get your attachments for each weapon ( I've heard of small customizable attachments from a blog post awhile ago )

C) Get ammo for each weapon.

Not to mention coming up with some solution for distrubuting resources out and possible abuses.

Over, spawning in with everything you want ready to go, then just heading to the armory to get ammo.
    I like A, B, & C, they sound nice.

-Preset Hotkeys
    -As said in blogs, downtime is a needed factor.
    -Preset ammo
  • chisschiss Join Date: 2008-06-05 Member: 64395Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1706801:date=May 14 2009, 02:28 AM:name=Wyattx3)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wyattx3 @ May 14 2009, 02:28 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1706801"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Just because its 'already in' (news to me) doesn't mean we can't have something better.

Do you honestly want to run up to the armory everytime to:

A) Buy weapons ( In your case make hotkeys for every weapon possible, terrible solution )

B) Get your attachments for each weapon ( I've heard of small customizable attachments from a blog post awhile ago )

C) Get ammo for each weapon.

Not to mention coming up with some solution for distrubuting resources out and possible abuses.

Over, spawning in with everything you want ready to go, then just heading to the armory to get ammo.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I cant imagine it would take more than 3 seconds.

To cancel this out, simply make the guns start with 2 clips of ammo, instantly saving more than 3 seconds to get ammo after receiving a gun.

Not to mention, marines don't get given guns very often in NS. In a proper NS war, id say 3 or so times in a whole game, if that.

Regardless, i dont really care how its implemented, as long as i never have to touch a HMG again.