Hurting individual body parts.

M00_cowM00_cow Join Date: 2007-03-02 Member: 60180Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">I didn't know what it was specifically called. hmm</div>I know there is about 634% chance this has already been mentioned, but I'm gonna go ahead and mention it once more.

Now, i thought of this just now, when i thought about how cool it would be to be able to shoot other people/aliens in the eyes to take out eye sight (I'm not a freak). This could have different effects too all areas of the human body/ alien body,

i.e. Marine legs mean speed decreases of UP TO 50% in relation to how much damage done;
Marine arms mean your aim is slightly wobbly to very wobbly;
Aliens legs same deal as marines;
Lerk wings means decreased flight times/ and or speed;
Skulks can only stick to walls for X amounts of seconds with damaged limbs;
Onos... are too tank. No effect, bar legs;
Shooting any class in the eyes means your screen becomes congested with blackness UP TO 50%;

Not really sure, just some basic ideas that would make people aim instead of just spamming. Would probably be a serious mofo to try and implement into the game; specially something like shooting people in the eyes. May sound like Aliens have alot more debuffs, but in the end, marines only need a few big ones like, wobbly aiming and its all over.

Just another idea. What do you rekon? More ideas on debuffs?

Comments

• locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    This is actually one of the examples in the <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=105853" target="_blank">How 2 Search</a> thread. <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=103405&hl=broken+leg" target="_blank">Here</a> is one of the threads you were thinking of. And <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=105852" target="_blank">here</a> is one still on the front page.

My general opinion on this is that being crippled in game is not fun.
  • BadMouthBadMouth It ceases to be exclusive when you can have a custom member titl Join Date: 2004-05-21 Member: 28815Members
    If you are 634% sure this has come up, who do you bother posting it really?
  • Method320Method320 Join Date: 2009-03-26 Member: 66902Members
    I don't think this would be a good feature. Because then players would think the idea to win is to cripple your opponent or would make the game unfair, and therefore not fun.
  • BacillusBacillus Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58241Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1703302:date=Mar 23 2009, 01:03 PM:name=locallyunscene)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(locallyunscene @ Mar 23 2009, 01:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1703302"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My general opinion on this is that being crippled in game is not fun.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Even if they make it fun it's going to take one nice netcode to get hitboxes working accurate enough at NS speeds.